• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

where to buy Rem 700 SS R5 308

annamariaslim

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2003
Longboat Key, Fla.
I wonder where I might get one at a good price? Looking to buy next week.The prices on the online brokers seem a tad high to me at over 1K. Think I've seen them cheaper at around 950 or so, but cant remember where. thanks.

Re: where to buy Rem 700 SS R5 308

Sniper Country PX has them. Cant remember what they were going for. Impact Guns and Iron Brigade Armory also carried them.

There are some listed right under 1K. The trick is to search "R5" (or other permutations/combinations of 5-R)

Just FYI,

SniperCountryPX is running at $1003 right now.

A quick survey of Gunbroker turns up 5-Rs available between 979 and 999.

Jensen Arms of Loveland, CO gets 5-R rifles in fairly regularly and lists them on Gunbroker. They usually go for $964 before shipping. I bought my last 5-R from them, good people.

Oddly enough they are one of the few places that I continually see cropping up on GB with 5-R stock.

Otherwise, bide your time. Wait for a rifle to list at the price point you are thinking about and jump on it. Its hard to find them usually if you are going the usual local gun dealer route as they have limited availability AND are off-catalog items.

Another option to consider, buy an SPS tactical, have the action trued and an obermeyer certified 5-R barrel put on there. You will come out just a little bit more than buying the 700SS 5-R from factory and the accuracy is likely to be a good bit better. .25 from the smithed vs .4 to .6 from a 700SS 5-R stock.

Krieger has some now in a variety of twists. http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/5_R_Rifling-c1246-wp6676.htm

I bought one from Lin Schryver at Schryver Gun Sale. They are excellent to do business with and an advertiser here.
I think Lin said he was expecting some more 5R's in last week. Give them a call, They have more than what is shown on the web page.
Schryver Gun Sales