• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy TAD jackets

Re: Where to buy TAD jackets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluegrasspicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes it's cheaper to go through a distributor than buying directly from the factory. Is that the case with TAD?

I searched around, but couldn't find any distributors except for this one...

http://www.mezing.com/tad-gear-raptor-prolite-hardshell-performance-jacket-1.html

They have the Raptor listed at $189. It's always easy to find cheese in a mousetrap. Is that a scam?

Thanks,
Bob

</div></div>

That looks like the chinese knock off. The only place you can buy TAD gear new from is either their brick and mortar store in Frisco or their online store.

Thanks for the quick responses. I ordered my Raptor from TAD's online store, no cheap chinese knock off for me :^)

Enjoy,
Bob

AFAIK, only TAD sells genuine TAD gear. Any other "TAD" or TAD look alikes you find elsewhere are either cheap knock offs or attempted repro's

You won't be disappointed with TAD gear. Just buy from their store online and check their closeouts.

If you ever want to save money, never go near TAD. They are like REI on Testosterone. You will blow money before you ever have it there.
Go with WalMart...safer on the wallet.

I received my coat yesterday.

I'm really impressed with the way that it fits. There are enough adjustments on there to accommodate a wide variety of builds. It's also pretty light, and it packs up nicely to keep in a backpack.

$350 was a bit steep, but I'm tired of jackets that end up soaking up all of the water.

Enjoy,
Bob

Hi all ! I was planning to by the TAD Gear Raptor ProLite Performance Hardshell Jacket from Mezing.com and I got here and read what's all about !

I contacted Mezing and got this reply:
"Dear Maiohine,

This is copy from TAD, not original product.

Thank you."

So for whom like me read this topic about Mezing's TAD Gear Jacket, it's not a real TAD Gear
smile.gif

I'm heading for TAD's store !

PS: there's a store in Finland for those who live in Europe like me, that sells TAD stuff ! The store name is Operator and the web address is http://www.operator.fi/

Enjoy and nice to meet you all on this fancy forum

Maio out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cool Breeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hi all ! I was planning to by the TAD Gear Raptor ProLite Performance Hardshell Jacket from Mezing.com and I got here and read what's all about !

I contacted Mezing and got this reply:
"Dear Maiohine,

This is copy from TAD, not original product.

Thank you."

So for whom like me read this topic about Mezing's TAD Gear Jacket, it's not a real TAD Gear
smile.gif

I'm heading for TAD's store !

PS: there's a store in Finland for those who live in Europe like me, that sells TAD stuff ! The store name is Operator and the web address is http://www.operator.fi/

Enjoy and nice to meet you all on this fancy forum

Maio out </div></div>

Good looking out.
smile.gif
I'd hate for anyone to spend that much on a TAD knockoff.

-X

Hi guys guess what I got for Christmas ? hehehehe finally after 4 years I decided and I spent 400 $ for my Tad Gear Spectre Hardshell Jacket ! their latest version ! and witha UE Grey color that looks exactly like the penultimate picture here http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Apparel/Jackets/Spectre-Jacket witch is a dark grey not like the photos taken in the studio where it seems very bright !

Anyway I avoided any replica and I got the serious stuff and tested it under a snowy weather and work just perfectly like it should ;P

Cheers guys

I gritted my teeth about a year and a half ago a shelled out some bucks for a TAD gear "battle hoodie" jacket in Multicam, which I dont think they make anymore. Ya know, its been a great jacket. Kept my core warm when I was up at my pad in Montana in Feb., and the worksmanship is top notch. They make some really nice stuff, but it is pricey.

If you are looking for genuine TAD gear product on the secondary market, you can often find items at this Forum: The Usual Suspect Network.Go to the (sales) Cove under Pack Ratz Bunker.

Many of the members there have a similar mindset to the Hide's membership. I have accumulated 5 hardshells and three soft shells over the years. The most recent one, I brought into theatre with me and beat the hell out of it. It literally weathered the storm in the desert and still looks in great shape.

I have a TAD jacket, but since I got into the Arcteryx Leaf line I'm done with TAD. Not any less expensive but quality is outstanding. Well thought out designs and materials,

Cut

Grey Group Traiming in Fayetteville NC usually has some of the line in stock.