• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy Tikka Action

Semperfi87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I hate to tear apart a new CTR can someone point be in the right direction looking to buy only an action for a Custom build

Reactions: VAyoungGunner
I've never seen one for sale but why not just buy the cheapest one they have and go from there? That's what I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6brshooter
[video]http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-hunter-270-win-jrta318-with-rings.aspx[/video]

Compare this to what you would pay for a donor Rem 700 action and you will see its well worth the cost even if you toss or sell half the parts.

Kinda like a Harley.

That is a heck of a deal on a Tikka T3 with wood stock. Just selling the stock you'll get a Tikka action for less than $400.

http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-hunter-270-win-jrta318-with-rings.aspx

Compare this to what you would pay for a donor Rem 700 action and you will see its well worth the cost even if you toss or sell half the parts.

Kinda like a Harley.

This is the way to go. I wanted a hunter stock for my 06 but couldn't find one anywhere. Bought a 243 hunter for my daughter, stole the stock and cut down my lite stock for her. I wouldn't be surprised if the hunter stock brought $200.

Just buy one with the bolt face you need.

Lmao... I did a google search for Tikka doner actions and this thread came up...
Just thought I’d bring it back from the archives...???

Reactions: cjs88
If some finds a compact model on sale. I’d be interested in buying the stock.

Im considering the same thing. With a tikka action build would it matter one way or the other to lean to a T3 vs T3x? Seems like you might find a better deal on a used T3, but would the differences/upgrades from the manufacturer be worth the trade off in price? Ie. Larger ejection port, metal bolt shroud, etc? BTW, is there anything else that is included in the above mentioned "etc"? Those are the only differences I have gleaned from my sojurn on the interwebs thus far.

Reactions: Jallen015
Buy a CTR and sell the stock. Considering that overall cost vs a custom rem 700, you're makin out. Especially when you can get a brand new CTR in the low $700 range; hopefully used even cheaper.

Best I'm finding right now is 810 for the 24". Under 800 for the 20". I went through this exact exercise 2 weeks ago and had found the 24" somewhere for around $750, but not lookin like that now. I was going to make a move on the 24" then but ended up landing a used B14 HMR super cheap and went that route, and it's stock is worth more for resale.

Actually just found the email quote. It was 778 from grabagun for JRTXC382CA. Should still be the same. Just have to email them for the quote to get that price. So "low" 700....not exactly. :LOL:. Musta been thinking of the B14.

I’d have to check, but I think I paid $75 or $100 shipped to my door and that included the magazine and bottom metal. The one I bought was a brand new takeoff from a hide member. The other was an eBay purchase that was used, but like new and also included the mag and metal.

How much do people generally sell their takeoff CTR stock? Thinking of selling mine
People ask a lot. They actually sell (stock, mag, bottom metal, and action screws) for $125 shipped. $150 if you are lucky. The stock by itself isn’t worth much of anything.

People ask a lot. They actually sell (stock, mag, bottom metal, and action screws) for $125 shipped. $150 if you are lucky. The stock by itself isn’t worth much of anything.

Another reason I went with the bergara.

There is a T3x 308 bolt face tikka action in the PX right now. Y’all go buy it. Need to save my money...

Since were on the subject, could you buy a t3x lite and purchase or trade the bolt and stock/bottom metal seperate to get CTR on an originally lite gun? Im wanting to do a stainless receiver with magnum bolt face but cant find anything but a 6.5 creed in a stainless CTR configuration. Im thinking of doing a magnum donor situation.

I have both a T3X lite and a CTR in 6.5 CM. Botb SS Far as I know the actions are interchangeable. There’s a magazine clip on the T3X lite that needs to be removed to use with the CTR mag. Stock inlets are completely different. Rail mounts are drilled differently and the CTR rail has a Burly recoil pin which is absent on the T3X.
Both drop in to my KRG Bravo inlet for CTR mags without issues.

I have both a T3X lite and a CTR in 6.5 CM. Botb SS Far as I know the actions are interchangeable. There’s a magazine clip on the T3X lite that needs to be removed to use with the CTR mag. Stock inlets are completely different. Rail mounts are drilled differently and the CTR rail has a Burly recoil pin which is absent on the T3X.
Both drop in to my KRG Bravo inlet for CTR mags without issues.
The magazine tab on the T3x lite doesn’t have to be removed to use ctr mags and bottom metal. It sits further back behind the ctr magwell. The ctr magazines sit well in front of it when inserted. Now It can be removed if desired. One bolt and its gone.

Now that little tab is a must if you want to use tikka t3 lite magazines.

Reactions: 260284
Thanks for the info guys. BTW I did see some decemt looking prices on sportmans website earlier today on different Tikkas. Hopefully that helps

I have a used CTR Stock, Bottom metal and 10 rd Mag that I'll sell if anyone needs one...

I should clarify. Im potentially looking to rebarrel one and do a 6.5 prc or 7 saum. Thats too bad the defacto option isnt available in a magnum bolt face or I would be very intrigued.

If anyone is looking for a Tikka T3x, I have a 20” Tikka factory barreled action in .260 Remington with 400 rounds through the barrel. Also comes with a Sterk Pineapple bolt knob and Sterk Shroud. Great deal for $500. Does not come with the stock. Also comes with a Dead Air brake. Lots of extra for this price.

Reactions: waspocrew
I'm wondering how long that guy's action is gonna last that's in the exchange. Prob a touch high right now but that thing's gonna go quick if he drops it; maybe to me! lol

I'm wondering how long that guy's action is gonna last that's in the exchange. Prob a touch high right now but that thing's gonna go quick if he drops it; maybe to me! lol
Make him in a offer. He may take it. Or not.
Please what ever you do, don’t ask what’s the lowest you will take.

Do you know if the 10 rd mag would fit or feed a short magnum cartridge?
I have looked at a 6.5 prc round in the CTR magazine and it fits. Ovr on Rokslide folks have experience with this. I don't beyond loading it in the magazine.

Does anyone have a used Tikka T3X action in good condition I could buy to start building a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle? Prefer blued but open to stainless also. Thanks!

Have you considered buying a Tikka T3X Varmint in 6.5 CM?

I‘m with BFunk, looking for a donor action to rebarrel and drop in a KRG-B with a Strek swept bolt handle. Tikka could sell a boatload of actions due to the availability of prefits. I just can’t justify the cost of a new CTR just for the action. I would pick up that Tac A1 in the BX except this gun needs to be legal behind enemy lines in Cook County, IL and the willfully ignorant and delusional idiots up here apparently die from fright if their eyes see a pistol grip on a stock.......scary!! I just need a rifle I can play with when I’m in commie land.

If I can get into a Tikka action for around $500 I’ll proceed, otherwise I’m also keeping my eye out for a Bighorn Origin action for the same project. Might as well give up the 60 degree bolt throw for the floating changeable bolt head and overall quality of the Origin if it costs almost Origin action price for a Tikka.

I looked at the Varmint, but the Tikka T3 Varmint = no threaded barrel and cost around $900+, might as well get the Origin. The Roughteck is a little more tempting since it’s threaded.

Anyone have a Tikka or Origin they want to part with?

Last edited:
This may still be for sale. As someone who failed to remove a factory Tikka barrel, I'd say the bare action here is a bonus.

I'm subscribing to this thread for updates