• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy

NewGuy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
I want to build my next rifle and I need some help. I can’t seem to find any stainless steel Remington 700 long actions with a standard bolt face anywhere, so what aftermarket action would you buy? I would like it to have a Remington 700 footprint, accepting prefit barrels is a bonus.

I was looking for a Remington 700 action because I already have a couple factory build 700s and want to add a 30-06 to my safe. Since I wouldn’t find anything the way I wanted it, I figured that I would build it myself. I am a machinist so cutting threads or anything else isn’t a problem.

Thanks

I can’t seem to find any stainless steel Remington 700 long actions with a standard bolt face anywhere
Probably because Remington went through chapter 7 (liquidation) bankruptcy

Great reason to get a Zermatt Origin. Lots of threads praising them on here. I have one I’m building on now, but I’m not finished yet.

Reactions: levi8599