• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to find 14" extended lenght mkm reciever set???

kenndapp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Been searching for a mega maten extended riffle lenght mkm with ambi lower reciever set for months. I am on every email notification list I can find and still nothing. If any one has a lead on a 14" mkm set please let me know. Thanks. Help me start this build!

Good luck bro! I have no idea except the usual gouging sites like broker and the rest. That's a tough one, I think everybody and there brother that's into gas guns is trying to get them.

I have seen some for sale on ar15.com and other forums.. I picked mine up on calguns. I paid slightly over msrp, but I didnt have to wait. I was only looking for about a day before I found one. Keep your eyes open and check for sale threads. They do pop up.

That bad huh? Well if any one finds a 14" mkm ambi set please let me know ASAP! Looks like I am on the hunt. Maybe I need to post a few WTB adds.

The BARFCOM EE, GunBroker (be prepared to pay through the nose for either of the previous two sources), and get on the "Notify" list if you aren't already at Rainier Arms (they've been receiving stock on a regular basis, small quantities, but they sell out in mins), J&G Sales, JoeBobOutfitters, Stonefire Arms, MidwestPX and maybe even Umlaut Arms then be quick and ready on the trigger when you get the notice to act!! ;)

Good luck!

Post a WTB ad on the forums you frequent. You may luck out and get one. I was looking and decided to go ahead and post a WTB ad and had two guys write me that had a set for sale for MSRP. I was pleasantly surprised. Good luck and I think you made a good choice in the MKM set to base your build off of.

Look around, you'll find one, at a decent price too. I bought mine from a fellow Hide Member who gave me a good deal.

But don't jump the gun and get scammed for a good deal, there's assholes out there taking advantage of the market demand!

MEGA lost in court the ability to make these, LMT won, be prepared to pay way more than there worth.

MEGA lost in court the ability to make these, LMT won, be prepared to pay way more than there worth.

You're referring to the monolithic pattern rifles. The OP is talking about the MKM, which is a keymod pattern, which was Mega's followup/replacement to the monolithic design that LMT claimed it had a patent on.

+1 on Sentry1's comment. The lawsuit had nothing to do with the MKM/Keymod uppers that the OP is looking for. The Maten/Monolithic/MTS pattern receivers and the MKM are NOT the same thing and the decision of Mega to halt production of the monolithic pattern receivers has not had any effect on the MKM (aside from increasing demand that might have otherwise been deferred to the mono). ;)

Well I posted a few "WTB" adds in this forum and others. No replies yet.

Does any body know of a few good " back in stock" email notification lists besides rainer arms'???

Does any body know of a few good " back in stock" email notification lists besides rainer arms'???

A couple of the places I listed above have pretty good e-mail notification/"In Stock" notices...JoeBobOutfitters, Stonefire Arms...not sure about the others I mentioned as I have not used them.

As suggested I posted a few want to buy adds. I had a guy email me about a mkm set but it was a 12". Good price too. Really want the 14". My question is......

Does mega sell the 14" keymod rail separately at all so I could just pick up a 14" rail down the road to replace the 12"

As suggested I posted a few want to buy adds. I had a guy email me about a mkm set but it was a 12". Good price too. Really want the 14". My question is......

Does mega sell the 14" keymod rail separately at all so I could just pick up a 14" rail down the road to replace the 12"

I would think the only way to get a good answer to that question would be to call Mega.

In this market? Step 1: Buy the 12" MKM set. Step 2: Trade for a 14" handguard later on. Who cares? You have an MKM set right meow, not 6 months from now.

No, they don't. The rail is matched to the upper. I had a 12" upper and tried to do the same thing and order just the extended 14" rail and that is what Mega told me.

I had to just find a 14" upper like you are doing. When I got it, for grins, I tried to swap rails on the uppers and they would not swap easily (just as Mega had advised). On one of them the rail was too tight and on the other the rail was really loose. Thus, Mega was not lying when they told me they matched the rails to the uppers.

I'm with sentry and would just get the 12" right now. I have the 14" and sometimes it looks long even with a 20" barrel.

Still on the hunt. Not to many notification options other than At Rainer
And I am betting we are all on that one. Any one have any more tips for me..... Please let me know. Oh and the guy with the 12" fell through. Otherwise it would of been mine. Damn. So close.

Ive been on the hunt for you and they havent been popping up anywhere... maybe you would have better luck getting a regular mega maten receiver set if you need it asap?

Supposedly they are catching up on orders and maybe in a month or two they will be easier to find.

One came up on gunbroker but it wasnt the extended version. It sold for 1000 bucks and lasted 2 hours. I havent seen any on there since i got my set 4 months ago. Good luck.

Eeerr, yeah, thAt would be the one. What do you want for it? I have 2 sons. One is 1.5 the other is 4. Strong boys....... Give you both for it.

That is the current going rate for an mkm set right? Two white babies?

Can you tell I am fustrated?

Last edited:
Yeah this is gonna be a long wait.. I got an Ambi lower from GB, i contacted the seller and he gave it to me for $365 and snagged an upper for 260.... They match up tight. Only reason I didn't try to get a MKM set was the fact Mega told me there is 1.5 year back order for most vendors... Good luck with your search. I have seen AMBI lowers by themselves going for 740 on GB