• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where to find a 700 Safety Lever?

dead_eye

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2008
A friend of mine cut down my barrel. In the process of removing the trigger to put it in the lathe, he accidentally broke the safety lever. I have a new Remington 700 SPS, but it has the 3 screw trigger, not the x mark.

Does anyone know where I can find a Remington Safety, or complete trigger w/ safety?

Re: Where to find a 700 Safety Lever?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you only need the safety..Brownells has them.
http://www.brownells.com</div></div>

I saw those, but they are all stainless. I really would like to get my hands on a remington safety. Maybe a complete factory trigger with safety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get ahold of Dans40X who posts here he has stated he has numerous safety levers available. </div></div>

He also advised me that he could tig weld a broken lever and make it good as new.

If I'm not mistaken I don't think remington will sell any trigger or safety parts. I think rifle basics is the only option for a new safety lever.

David

riflebasix sells a safety kit I think ...another option.

Send me an email, I may have an extra. I have a few surplus triggers.