• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to find a multicam poncho/ tarp?

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
Anyone know of a vendor that would have these? I need something that is lightweight, packs small and won't let rain through. A poncho without the head hole would be just right.

Thanks!

Re: Where to find a multicam poncho/ tarp?

Have you used some of their products before? I just stumbled on this thread and it looks like they make some really nice kit.

Looks like I'll be placing an order with survival solutions tomorrow. I'm going to get the "Swack Shack" instead of the poncho though. I need it as a rain fly for my ultra light tent, or as a stand alone Basha type shelter. It's pricey, but hopefully worth it.

Thanks for the help!

Oh- and thanks for the link to the raw materials as well. I've ordered a ton of netting through them, but never knew they had all the other raw material as well. I'm too limited on time and sewing ability to make it worthwhile, but that is a great link!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a DIY sort of guy here's a source for the material: http://www.duroindustries.com/index.php?page=70d-1-9oz-nylon-fr-finished</div></div>

You will be wet and cold, if you want it to keep out wet and cold. That is not backed, and will get wet, and so will you. I have some of it sitting right here. The DWR coating last so/so, but is not water/wind proof.

I have enough regular woodland ponchos and liners that I could make my own shanty town. I keep a couple of each in my truck for hard times. Just looking for something a little different and multicam works very well in my area. Worth the money, probably not, but I'll spend it elsewhere and not notice, so why not? I'll probably end up getting one of the Kifaru Doobies too. With my Nemo tent, Swack Shack and a Doobie I should be very comfortable and weigh in at about 8lbs all together. I'm old, weak and like to be comfortable, so this combo sounds good to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winmagfrog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have enough regular woodland ponchos and liners that I could make my own shanty town. I keep a couple of each in my truck for hard times. Just looking for something a little different and multicam works very well in my area. Worth the money, probably not, but I'll spend it elsewhere and not notice, so why not? I'll probably end up getting one of the Kifaru Doobies too. With my Nemo tent, Swack Shack and a Doobie I should be very comfortable and weigh in at about 8lbs all together. I'm old, weak and like to be comfortable, so this combo sounds good to me. </div></div>

Ha...I thought I had you but see that there is a doobie and not just a woobie
http://www.kifaru.net/woobie.html
Here I thought you had been smoking a doobie
sick.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pat

Here is another option... http://www.integraltactical.com/product_detail.cfm?id=874&CFID=313721&CFTOKEN=26322020
Integral Design typically makes good stuff.

I was just looking at the ID Tarp... Weird, are you in my computer??? It's about 12 oz's heavier with several extra square feet. I think I'm going minimalist and getting the Swack Shack. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Thanks for pointing me towards ID though, I have several if their products and they seem to be a solid company.