• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where to find blueprints or CAD for Howa 1500 LA/SA and Savage 10 Actions?

FenixFire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2013
I am a product designer and have a question on where to find/purchase if possible blueprints of at least the bedding surfaces for the actions for these rifles. I know I could simply tear down a rifle, but that will only give me the dimensions of that rifle. For the purpose I am looking for I need to know what the manufacturing spec and acceptable tolerances are.

Thanks,

MJ

Unfortunatly you are going to have to tear down an actual rifle and measure it. I don't think I have ever ran across a savage model, and if I did, it probably was not 100% correct. Trust me, I've checked out some models people put up on grabcad, and they are pretty hacky.

I'm sure the dimensions of the rifle you would measure will be fairly close to actual dimension. At least close enough for you to figure it out. Sorry, but unless it's the 1911 or AR as mentioned about, you're most likely not going to find an accurate drawing.