• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to find Classes/Training-Houston

HTX_17

Lurker Extraordinaire
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Houston
I posted this in the stupid marksmanship section, however I thought I would post here as well. I've shot AR's in the past and before I go buy one, I thought it might be smart to take some classes or get some training in how to properly drive one in order to make a smart buying decision. Anyone know of something like this in Houston? Any direction is greatly appreciated!

For starters, read the FM 3-22.9. Go to the civilian marksmanship program website for some additional fundamentals , go to gun shops/ gun shows and ask questions ( there's a gun show coming up this weekend), I think thunder gun range( several miles north of Houston) used to run some carbine classes from a respectable instructor; might try other gun ranges as well.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Jacob Bynum at Rifles Only. He can probably refer you to someone in Houston. Jacob offers training but it's far from Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm local to Houston. Thunder gun range cycles through some decent instructors. I've also taken some class from AWATT training. Good fundamental work for carbine and pistol.

I've got a close friend out of Katy that does private one on one classes for pistol, carbine and precision rifle. Very good guy and teacher pm me if you want his info.