• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Where to find Madsen M48 30-06 surplus rifle parts??

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Anybody have a suggestion as to where I could find all the extractor parts or a complete bolt for a Madsen M48 30-06 bolt action rifle?

Thanks!

Trying to help out a local kid. He talked his mom into buying it for him at a yard sale. It shoots and is safe...but it doesn't have an extractor. : [

Poor kid. I checked Numrich. No dice.

Thanks,
T

Only about 6,000 Madsen M47 rifles were ever manufactured for the only contract received... from Colombia. Broken extractors are a common failure point on this model. There was a guy on Gunboards that made a small run of reproduction extractors 4-5 years ago for about $50 each, no idea if any are still available. I would forget trying to find a surplus extractor, they are virtually unobtainable.

Last edited:
^^^
As of a year ago, the guy had 3 left from another production run.
Might try to get hold of him...

Good luck! Seems he sold quite a few, and probably made a few bucks as well. Maybe an opportunity for a CNC shop...

He sold the last of them on Gunbroker about a year ago. Those folks that shoot theirs bought several... if you try dropping a shell into the chamber and run the bolt home, sooner or later the extractor hook breaks clean off. The rifle has to feed from the magazine. Kind of a poor extractor design compared to the Mauser 98.