• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Where to find replacement battery cassette for Flir thermal scope?

SDeadeye

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
I've done some looking on the google without much luck. One of the little clips that holds 2x CR123 batteries for my thermal scope fell out of my pocket and broke when it hit the wood floor. Any ideas on where to find a replacement or two? It fits the Thermosight PRO PTS233 and Zeus that I know of, probably others too I'm sure.

yNnyBvG.jpg

Contact FLIR. When I did, they wanted ME to provide them with the exact part number for the scope, which meant using the manual. So I had to dig that out of the safe where I had not seen it in years. I was sort of shocked. I had provided the model number and serial number, but they could not or would not get me the part unless I knew the part number.

So, just be prepared. Don't expect the service to be quick. I did it through their online/email contact. The customer experience was not what I would call a good experience. Replies were quite slow.

Contact FLIR. When I did, they wanted ME to provide them with the exact part number for the scope, which meant using the manual. So I had to dig that out of the safe where I had not seen it in years. I was sort of shocked. I had provided the model number and serial number, but they could not or would not get me the part unless I knew the part number.

So, just be prepared. Don't expect the service to be quick. I did it through their online/email contact. The customer experience was not what I would call a good experience. Replies were quite slow.

Luckily I had the part number handy from the manual. I started out with the customer service contact form on the website, and after a couple of back and forth emails they ended up referring me to a different support email address due to the "controlled classification of the equipment". I included the part number in that email again and they said they would have their service person mail me one. Overall I was pretty happy with their responsiveness. Even with the Corona disclaimers that their response times may be delayed, they were still back to me in a day or less each time.