• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get 75gr Hornady cheap?

Re: Where to get 75gr Hornady cheap?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always get them from Creedmoore, in the 500 packs</div></div>

I'll check them out... I would have never thought to look there.

Thanks

I've been using Powder Valley . How bout 15 cents a whack when you buy 600 . Great company to do business with , all ways have what I want for the best prices around . Reasonably priced Fast shipping to boot . They're in Kansas , usually if I order on a Monday , I have it in my hands on Friday here in Colorado http://powdervalleyinc.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No dice... Nothing shows up on the Creedmoor Sports page for Hornady 75gr .223.... Too bad, I was hoping for a deal. </div></div>

WTF
??????

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/Match_Bullets_.22_Cal._75_gr._BTHP_600_ct.html

Whats this then? </div></div>

You're right... I did end up finding it on Creedmoor. I not sure what my issue was... BUT... I under up placing an order on Midsouth Shooters Supply for way less. I got 3600 rounds here..

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0000322796

They arrive today. Currently listed as low stock, so jump on it if you want some.

Out of curiosity how do the 75gr bthp compare to 75amax?

Im about to get a 1:8 barrel and I'm looking to get something to shoot, either 75amax, 80amax, or the 75bthp from hornady.

The BtHP is $2 cheaper per 100 so if it performs equally well that's what I'd go for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity how do the 75gr bthp compare to 75amax?

Im about to get a 1:8 barrel and I'm looking to get something to shoot, either 75amax, 80amax, or the 75bthp from hornady.

The BtHP is $2 cheaper per 100 so if it performs equally well that's what I'd go for. </div></div>

I assume you're using a bolt gun? I have not use the AMAX at all because from what I understand they are tool long to be properly seated to AR mag length. The AMAX is a total step ahead of the BTHP in it's BC. Here's the break down...

75gr BTHP - 0.395
75gr AMAX - 0.435
80gr AMAX - 0.453

For anything over 500 yards I think you would be disappointed with the BTHP if you don't have mag length issues to deal with. If you're under 500 yards then the BTHP will do just fine most likely. If I could magically stuff a 75gr AMAX into the AR mag I would pay the extra $2 if I had a choice.

75bthp out of an AR will hit consistently @ 600 sometimes even with a 16". If you are shooting at closer ranges I would go with a 52BTHP though. just seem to group easier closer in.

For a bolt long range I'd go 75amax, 80sierra etc single loaded if not fitting in mag. Same for comp with AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity how do the 75gr bthp compare to 75amax?

The BtHP is $2 cheaper per 100 so if it performs equally well that's what I'd go for. </div></div>

I've shot both the 75 bthp and amax out of both bolt gun and AR. The Amax is as good as one can ask in a .224 bullet, I shot them single feed through my AR for those really important shots. Last time I shot them I had a 900 yd cold bore hit on a 1/2 mil rock.
The bthp's are not as good as the amax, but they do well in the AR platform. I have used them well beyond 600 yds with semi satisfactory results (weather depending) in three different AR's.

Just started load development with the 75gr bthp myself. I've always ordered from midssouth. Great prices, fast shipping....

Yep, Midsouth is a 'sleeper' for great prices.
I'm working a load up with those 75BTHPS for my fast twist Wizzer AR. Had good results with them to 600 from my straight .223 & TAC, so definitely anxious to see how they'll run at distance with another 500fps pushin' em.
In my Wizzer, the 75Amax needs 2.315" to hit lands, but the 75BTHP does it @ standard mag. length. At my launch speed, I found the Amax to not like 50 thou. jump and I ain't interested in single feeding an AR...

The BTHP is a nice little bullet, good luck!

The order arrived from Mid-South in quick order. The FedEx guy didn't want to bring the package up to the door so I had to come out and get it... He was all confused how such a small box would weight 40 pounds. I just smiled and said it was some metal parts as I skipped away to go loads some ammo.

I'm using my own used LC brass, CCI 450 primes, 24.5gr Win 748 with COL of 2.252... I'm shooting them in multiple guns and loading on a progressive so I don't get too hung up on making perfect ammo. These run exactly 2700 fps out of my 18" rifle length gas system AR through the indoor range chrono at 65 degrees. I've had good success to 400 yards. After that my lack of glass becomes an issue. I'm using a 1-4x MTAC at this point. Just order a new Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x with the TMR reticle for the long range carbine team matches I have schedule this year. Hoping that new glass will increase my odds in the 400-550 yard range where I was having issue before.

One of my favorite AR (.223) loads with 24.5grs. of Varget,LC Brass, Rem 7.5 Primer.

I get mine at powdervalleyinc.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favorite AR (.223) loads with 24.5grs. of Varget,LC Brass, Rem 7.5 Primer.

I get mine at powdervalleyinc.com </div></div>

Is your velocity in the neighbor hood of 2750 fps? I shot 77 SMK's at 24.5 and that was what I had. Wondered if it was about the same. (I know rifle differences and all but curious.)

I keep seeing Varget loads everywhere.... guess it's time to jump on the bandwagon and try it in my 308 and 223.

BTW... I just tell my delivery guys that it lead.... and get weird looks. For a while I had subscribed to a guy who shipped 25lb of cold shot for skeet in the USPS "if it fits, it ships" boxes every other week and my postal carrier hated me for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fastex500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a while I had subscribed to a guy who shipped 25lb of cold shot for skeet in the USPS "if it fits, it ships" boxes every other week and my postal carrier hated me for it.</div></div>

No joke! I order my pistol bullets from Precision Delta at about 15k at a time. My little post office refuses to delver them. They call me at home and ask me to come pick them up. I'm more than happy to do it since the carrier is a 5'3" woman that's super nice...