• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get a blow out kit

Emilio

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2006
Burbank, CA
I use to buy my blow out kits at Tactical Response gear but they don't have them listed anymore. Where do you guys get yours?

Re: Where to get a blow out kit

Best place I've found to buy Med Gear period: Chinook Medical Gear

Disclaimer: No connection; it’s just where I buy my med gear.

FYI: I've learned you can do much better on total cost by buying individual items and avoiding "Kits" regardless of where you shop.

Another good source: Rescue Essentials

Sorry...forgot these guys too: North American Rsecue their PPE nitrile gloves are a notch above.

All 3 vendors are GTG in my experience.

Just as a point of clarification, if Tactical Response doesn't list something on their website, it simply means they are out at this time. They only list items that are in stock.

Give them a call and they can probably tell when they'll get them back in.

Charlie

like for your afro??

2612.jpg

My iPad shortens the title of this thread to "Where to get a blow..."

Original S.O.E you can get a fully stocked detachable IFAK from john for about $100. Comes with an Isreali trauma bandage, tk4 tourniquet and some other goodies. +1 on the Tampons....my unit handed them out my last rotation. Look for OSOE on face book.

Building your own, tailored to you level of trauma care training makes more sense.

Obviously I have no idea what your background is, but here is a suggestion/observation.

I have seen a couple of guys here in the states with blowout kits that it was painfully clear would have no clue how to seal a chest or dart a lung.

If you have not already done so, My suggestion would be to attend some training in trauma care, then you may have a better understanding of your needs.

If you are way beyond that, such as well versed in T triple C, disregard!

Attending some better trauma care classes would be what I considered money well spent!

At that point, you will also likely have made some points of contact to purchase proper gear for a kit that meets your needs and level of training.

Good luck either way!

North American Rescue makes a good premade kit. There is something to making your own kit. Or you can buy a kit and add items that dont come with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best place I've found to buy Med Gear period: Chinook Medical Gear

Disclaimer: No connection; it’s just where I buy my med gear.

FYI: I've learned you can do much better on total cost by buying individual items and avoiding "Kits" regardless of where you shop.

Another good source: Rescue Essentials

Sorry...forgot these guys too: North American Rsecue their PPE nitrile gloves are a notch above.

All 3 vendors are GTG in my experience.</div></div>

+1 I'm a big fan of NAR and Chinook.

Some of the Adventure Medical Kits are a good place to start, pull out all the boo boo stuff and there's some decent trauma supplies. They're not very expensive either.