• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Where to get a thermal appraisal?

324matt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2019
Dorsey, Illinois
Ive recently purchased a couple of trijicon thermals used, and paid cash for them. Im trying to insure them with state farm as I always do with my thermals, and they are wanting a copy of the invoice, or a written appraisal. Since I paid cash for them, I dont have an invoice.

Does anyone know where I could get a written appraisal so that I could get them insured?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Can’t you just show them what it is, via pics, and show them the cost of a new unit? That would work for me, but I’m not on the agency or underwriting side of things either.
Property insurance covers the replacement cost of things generally, so I’d assume something showing g proof of ownership and what replacement cost is, would be sufficient.

I have my gear insured through Farm Bureau. Went into a LGS, got a quote to purchase the same gear, sent quote to my agent and he added it to my policy with the quote from the LGS listed as the replacement cost. I pay a little more in premiums to get a non depreciated replacement cost, but it's worth it imo. Farm Bureau has been good to work with on policies like this, we insure our watches, rings ect on similar policies.

Chubb allows me to schedule items for full replacement cost without appraisals. I'm sure a pay more, but with the two examples of friends/family who had claims, it was painless and they were paid up in full no questions asked.

I know you were looking for appraisers, but I would really look into Eastern insurance firearm insurance, it will be cheaper than adding to your homeowners or whatever kind of insurance. And covers your stuff anywhere. At home, in your car, in a hotel, etc. There just has to be forced entry, so if you leave your car unlocked, they won't cover. But any forced entry and you are covered. $100k in coverage for all your firearms, optics, suppressors, accessories is like $340/year. You can of course add higher coverage if you like, I think the minimum coverage is $50k and its around $150/year. They don't need any serial numbers or itemized lists unless any single item is over $10k, so any single firearm or single optic, etc is over $10k by itself is all you have to let them know about ahead of time.

I had to make a pretty large claim with them earlier this year, I could not be more pleased with how they resolved the situation. I will be with them for forever for my firearms coverage. In my claim they covered: firearms, optics, mounts, suppressors, slings, backpacks, binoculars, rangefinders, tripod, part by part custom ar's I built, any aftermarket accessory added to a gun. Literally everything. Oh they will even cover your tax stamps on your suppressors.

Last edited:
I am stoked by these reviews, my insurance company is beyond worthless.

SafeCo (a cheapass division of Liberty Mutual) insured my home, it has "doors".....

.....forget the contents that were stolen

Aug. 10 2020.......claim still not adjusted as of today....to replace the door that was kicked in in a home invasion.

The only solace is I got to shoot one of the fuckers.....

It's a long road ahead.