• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get non standard caliber Savage barrel

AMMOWASTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Reno, NV
So if I wanted a barrel in something like 6mm Creedmoor what are my options? Jim at Northland Shooter Supply has a ton of barrels but most are standard chambers.

I know I could go with Pac Nor but it ends up costing almost twice as much as some of the prefits.

Re: Where to get non standard caliber Savage barrel

Midway has em. Shaw I believe.

edt: My bad, they have 6.5Cs

L

I am pretty sure that Jim at NSS keeps blanks in stock and chambers one when he gets the order, call him and ask him if he has a 6mm CM reamer.

Just looked at Jims list of barrels and under Shilen he shows having 6.5CM barrels, didn't look at other brands but he carries a pretty good selection and also usually has some that aren't listed. Like Dirty D said, a quick call to him and he'll probably be able to fix you right up.

Topstrap

Jim does not chamber barrels. He buys the already chambered.

Just order a savage pre-fit chambered and contoured the way you want it.

Any of the folks that do pre-fits should be able to do it (provided they have the reamer)

Check Shilen, Pac-Nor, McGowan and Lothar-Walther (I'm sure there are others)

Kevin Rayhill from Stockade stocks can chamber you a barrel in 6mmCM, I was actually talking to him the other day and he said he just delivered a 6mmCM, so I know he does them. His barrels can be a bit expensive, though, since he uses Benchmark barrels, but they are well worth it.

I had McGowan make me a sendero contour 26" chambered in 7mm Dakota and it shoots great! They didn't have the reamer but rented it and it didn't cost much more over a standard chambering.

I will look at some of the suggested companies.I know the higher end guys all do it I was just hoping to keep it under 300.