• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get OD green scope caps?

Ranger Bob

SFC, USA, Ret.
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2011
Sanger, Texas
rangermadeknives.com
I have seen what appear to be Butler Creek flip up scope caps made in OD on several rifles here on the Hide. Done several searches with no luck. Can anyone point me to the source for these things?

Bob

Re: Where to get OD green scope caps?

Laffin, I was going to say Hobby lobby and run wild!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Krylon is your friend </div></div>

+1 to this. The Krylon Camo/Fusion paint made to bond better with plastics/rubber works pretty well on the Butler creek covers.

Hit 'em with some 000 steel wool first or a little wet/dry 400 paper to scuff the surface, or the paint will peel off the cap portion.

John

Ok. I am impressed with the results that some have achieved then. I may give it a try. I've tried painting them years ago but the paint just peeled off in a short time. Perhaps the modern paint formulations are much more suited than the stuff we used to get from the supply sergeant.

Bob