• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report where to get the G7 standard drag table?

cali_tz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal
I have Shooter, it's great. I also have downloaded and ran Lapua's QTU, using Lapua radar measured Cd's. But that Lapua version of Quickload has one really stupid limitation, which is the atmosphereic conditions for shooting day are copied from the atmosphereic conditions for the sight-in day. Obviously those are 99% of the time done on different days. I am not going to sight in at 100 yards every time I shoot somewhere. Hence Lapua's QTU stuff is almost useless.

OK, so I would like to take the Lapua Cd drag data and convert it to G7 BC's for Shooter (Shooter doesn't use drag coefficients). I see the formula for converting Cd to BC, but for that I need the standard G7 drag coefficients at various speeds. I guess I can read off this chart (http://goo.gl/WyvfF) manually, but isn't there some table somewhere that would give us accurate Cd for every 100fps up to Mach 3 or whatever?

Or is there a way to get Shooter to accept drag coeff instead of BC?

Re: where to get the G7 standard drag table?

thanks, that site is very helpful in general.