• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to source a Swedish M41B?

MNtadpole

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2020
Can anyone give me some advice on where to find or watch for a m41b?

Can anyone give me some advice on where to find or watch for a m41b?

Unless you find one on a forum for Swedish rifles, I suspect gunbroker.com is probably only source at this point. (SARCO had them 8 or 10 years ago, but they were sort of the 'bottom of the barrel' by then, with many advertised as missing their scopes or mis-matched scope bracket). I bought a M41B from SARCO in 2011 that had a matching scope bracket, but I was not completely happy with its overall condition, and subsequently sold it when I found a nicer one on gunbroker in 2013. This 2nd one was apparently one of the 'earlier' SARCO imports according to the seller. It was matching numbers on scope mount and included the original leather scope covers & green scope can. Prices have gone up on these quite a lot. Good luck in the hunt.

M41B_W_scope_can_v2.jpg

Awww man that's a sweet looking setup! I had to opportunity to shoot my friend'ss, which was a pretty awesome experience. He's trying to get me to participate in a few CMP vintage sniper matches, so I would like to try and obtain my own. I guess I will continue to look on GB for listings. There is a listing right now, but it doesn't look like a promising find. Too bad the CMP won't let ZFK-55's participate, since I can find a bunch of those! A bit more pricey though...

If you can't find a nice M41B, for about the same price you can sometimes find a nicely built M1903 USMC replica sniper with repo 8X Leatherwood scope. I like the M41B a lot, but the scope lacks friendly/field-based windage adjustments, which can make a difference at 600 yards in the vintage sniper match if/when the wind comes into play. I have used my trusty M1903 at the CMP vintage matches for several years and its my preferred platform, but I think the M41B would be my 2nd choice if I didn't have the M1903 w/ 8x Leatherwood scope. I will note that CMP allows the 4x Weaver scopes with the M41B given the price of original AJACK optics, and the old Weaver scope has adjustable windage, and thus is much more competition friendly.

Here' some pics from 2019 CMP vintage sniper match at the Eastern Games. The vintage sniper match is my favorite. (The 2020 match was canceled due to COVID, but the 2021 match will take place...). My 2cts.

Attachments

• CMP_VSM_line_Camp_Butner_2019.JPG
    CMP_VSM_line_Camp_Butner_2019.JPG
    375.7 KB · Views: 42
  • M1903_600_yds_CMP_eastern_2019.JPG
    M1903_600_yds_CMP_eastern_2019.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: crackerbrown