• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where's the ammo shortage ?

Solidsnake85

God, family, guns.
Minuteman
  • Oct 3, 2020
    East kentucky
    Where I live ammo is on the shelfs everywhere that I can tell. Cabellas, buds, sportsman's, rural king and even Walmart. All over YouTube land it's oma gawd, no ammo anywhere. It's almost like the Canadian prepper fear monger bullshit. Either way if people ain't got what they need by now they probably ain't ever going to.

Last edited:
    Brick and mortar stores don’t need to drive “clicks” to make money. They actually sell a product. On YouTube, YOU are the product, so content creators package you up as a neat little bundle of “clicks” and sell you to advertisers.

Ukraine and Israel at war. Both use 556. Terrorists need more 556 for their AFG M4s. Rumors that LC not selling to civilians (see Ukraine and Israel need 556). US military will be increasing rifle qualifications (see Ukraine and Israel - US spinning up too). All that = surge of 556 to military = less 223/556 for civilians and less primers for civilians.

Reactions: 912173
    I mentioned Canadian prepper also cause he always doom and gloom and it seems like a lot of that drive the ammo market also. Oh shit Russia preparing nukes from his (credibal source). Shit like that is what I'm getting at

Reactions: Sblzrd65
    Story time:

Back in the days (few years ago edit:2017 Hurricane Harvey), a hurricane hit Houston. Anytime a Hurricane hits the coast, gas goes up. But this particular time a rumor was started in the Dallas area that gas was going to become short.

People lost their mind for a week and CREATED a gas shortage. Even Houston had plenty of gas, but the good people of Dallas went fucking nuts and made a shortage. We made T-Shirt

"I Survived the Gas Shortage

of Thursday"

Believe half of what you see and none of what your hear and you might get near the truth.

Where I live ammo is on the shelfs everywhere that I can tell. Cabellas, buds, sportsman's, rural king and even Walmart. All over YouTube land it's oma gawd, no ammo anywhere. It's almost like the Canadian prepper fear monger bullshit. Either way if people ain't got what they need by now they probably ain't ever going to.
    I used to love CP, he’s a douche now. His channel is garbage.

It’s a lot of fear click bait but it has real world consequences. Snagged some ammo two weeks ago. Stock was 15 or whatever. I looked two days ago the stock only went down by one (my order probably lol) and the price went up over $60.

There’s ammo everywhere online but the prices are going up while the stock remains the same.

Standard practice, especially when we’re about to enter an election year.

Probaby 3+ years ago I bought a box of Hornady Black 223 75gr interlocks. I think I paid $39? Crazy high but only one box to try so I splurged. I shot a pig with one and was super happy with the performance of the bullet. Then I couldn't find any more. I was in Dallas this weekend and a place had a few thousand on the shelf. $25. I got 2 boxes. Thats a couple years of shooting pigs with the AR15. I shuffle through different guns so I don't get bored.

Reactions: lash
    Dudes "bug out bag" video is cringey as fuck...dude walked into a cabelas and just bought one of every....

40 lbs dry....good luck humping all that shit any considerable distance....

He does have good stuff in his store tho

Ukraine and Israel at war. Both use 556. Terrorists need more 556 for their AFG M4s. Rumors that LC not selling to civilians (see Ukraine and Israel need 556). US military will be increasing rifle qualifications (see Ukraine and Israel - US spinning up too). All that = surge of 556 to military = less 223/556 for civilians and less primers for civilians.
    Why would you think we are sending 5.56 to israel?

Why would you think we are sending 5.56 to israel?
    Same reason Israeli soldiers walking around with some form of AR15/M4 - why use their stuff when they can get our stuff for free

Same reason Israeli soldiers walking around with some form of AR15/M4 - why use their stuff when they can get our stuff for free
    Bwahahah. they supply their own ammo to their own forces. they own the factory. As a matter of fact, they make so much, they can afford to send it to the US civilian market for sale.

Bwahahah. they supply their own ammo to their own forces. they own the factory. As a matter of fact, they make so much, they can afford to send it to the US civilian market for sale.
    Watch and see how much IMI is available over next few weeks.

Reactions: camocorvette
    They make their own rifles too but carry but most carry M16/M4

Well CSG bought all of Vista's ammo companies (Federal, CCI, Hevi-Shot, Remington Ammo & Speer) for $1.91B cash to add to Fiocchi. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Near me I can't say local stores are a bellwether as they charge more than online places by a good bit. That said, 9mm seems to have gone up around 15%-20% over the past 2-3 weeks.

• Sad
    Reactions: nikonNUT
    Shelves, you naked brains.

• Haha
    Reactions: Pbgt
    Well CSG bought all of Vista's ammo companies (Federal, CCI, Hevi-Shot, Remington Ammo & Speer) for $1.91B cash to add to Fiocchi. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
    As long as they keep production state side, all will be good. remember when our president banned foreign ammo? Pepperidge farms does.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    They make their own rifles too but carry but most carry M16/M4
    You mean the HK416s? Yeah, I bet we send a lot of those to them too.

Seriously though, stop being a chicken little. The sky is not falling no matter what Fox tells you. It's cyclical. If you didn't buy when it was cheap, you get to pay the stupid tax on it now. It'll come back down and the supply chains will dump it on the nearest Academy shelf. The only issue arises is when it's too late to buy cause you need it now and there's nowhere to get it. You were already behind the curve anyway if you aren't already well stocked.

Last edited:
    It's in my pants, all I have left are 2 rounds of ball ammo. I can feed my derringer 1X...

Academy still has a crap ton of ammo, .223, 22lr, etc., and all the primers you want. I’ve bought 3000 primers in just the last week or so. Not seeing a shortage here…yet.

Buddy owns a small local gun store and I help out there when I can. He ran out of 223/556 over a week ago and just got another pallet in on Monday. 9mm was available from distributors for a decent price so he bought like 25000 rounds of that 2 weeks ago and it is half gone and no more available from distributor. Lot of these places have large stock a d are showing out of stock for a day so they can jack the price little at a time to see where the ceiling is. Palmetto has been doing it with their ammo $0.50 at a time. Shit was finally getting down to reasonable prices too.

Some of it kind of depends on how many still have not shot up any of their last panic overstock. I figured at this point I would spend the rest of my life buying second hand components and ammo from people who panic bought way more than they will ever shoot. And i am not that old. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: