• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Where's the best place to buy Bore Tech nylon brushes?

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    Looking to order some boretech brushes but just under $12 shipping is insane for 3 brushes. I Who do y'all order from?

There's nothing else I need to offset the cost. Just got 2 new bottles of bore cleaner.

Maybe a local gun show if its less than $12 of gas away. Sorry I can’t be much help. Have you checked all the usual places?

Reactions: akmike47
    Maybe a local gun show if its less than $12 of gas away. Sorry I can’t be much help. Have you checked all the usual places?
    Everywhere I normally use. A couple shops near me sell boretech stuff but everyone around here no matter the brand only sells brass brushes and you get berated for wanting nylon.
    Don't have to know your product to sell it I suppose...

I don't need anything to spend 50-100 for free shipping anywhere.

Evil Amazon is OOS, my fiancé had prime.

Brownells shows $4.95 shipping for $11.98 worth of Boretech brushes.
    I use their EDGE membership which helps for little purchases like these, so you only pay taxes.

Brownells with Edge shipping is my place for these things... The 2-Day shipping got slow there for awhile (all the shipping carriers seemed to screwed up), but I've always found that Brownells ships it quickly.

I just try not to run out... and order at least 12 brushes at a time when I "re-stock" a caliber

They last forever for me, I never get around to cleaning my guns.

Now that you ask, maybe my cleaning kit needs a log book too.

Honestly I'm not sure I ever wear them out. I'm not very aggressive with barrel brushing, usually just a few strokes before running patches... if I use them at all.

I just replace them every 4-5 cleaning if I don't lose it them first. (Edit: I don't clean my barrels every time I shoot either... just after I shoot a lot or if I'm going to be putting the rifle away and not using it for a while)

I'm only cleaning my .22 because the groups are getting trash.

My .308 I plan to clean every 200-300rd or so.

I'm not a huge cleaning guy. I wipe them down and lube, but some people clean too much. My stuff doesn't look crazy dirty either