• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whew-hue!!!! My GAP rocks!

9sigman45

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2009
King, NC
Got my new F(tr) rifle in from George and the gang 3 weeks ago. The past two weekends I worked on load developement (the first with 3" of snow on the ground). Yesterday morning at 5 am me and a few shooting buddies headed to Camp Butner for a mid range 600 yard match weekend. My new Moon-built rifle producted some OUSTANDING results to say the least. Due to some conflits with a few US Army helicopters being parked on the 800 yard line, we were forced to shoot the first 5 matches from 300 yards. I was the 1st relay of the day and on my first match (rounds 101 - 133 thru the gun) I shot a 199-9x. Holy $hit; I was so stoked! I followed that up with a 197-12x, 188-6x and 197-12x to round out the day. This morning with the field inverted I shot in the third relay, and from what I'm being told (i.e. I haven't been able to confirm it yet) I tied a 300 yard F(tr) National Record with a score of 200-13x !!!!
Needles to say the next three matches were lack luster performances as shooting from your belly with a massive boner is very hard to do.
wink.gif

I think a big shout out to George and the gang is in order, and I'll be sending a pic of me, my rifle and the score card to them soon.

Re: Whew-hue!!!! My GAP rocks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...lack luster performances as shooting from your belly with a massive boner is very hard to do</div></div>

...I can't stop laughing =D

Nice! Any pics? Can anyone explain what the scoring numbers mean? I've never competed and I'm a little curious.

Specs? Pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Needles to say the next three matches were lack luster performances as shooting from your belly with a massive boner is very hard to do. </div></div>
You're supposed to move your sidearm around so you don't lay on it while shooting prone.
laugh.gif

Chiller - do you really want to see pics of his boner? ugh.
crazy.gif

You get 2 sighters and then 20 shots for record. The 300 yard F-class target has a 1.48" dia x-ring and the 10 ring is 2.98" (about 1MOA). All twenty of my shots for record were within the 10 ring, with 13 of them being in the x-ring. I also won two wooden dollars this weekend for hitting an x on my first sighter (one at 300 and one at 600). Here's a few pics of my rifle (prior to mounting the 32x NF). My shooting buddy had the camera at the match, so I'm waiting on him to send me those pics.

F-classStick001.jpg

F-classStick002.jpg

F-classStick003.jpg

What are the specs on that action? Right hand bolt handle and left side ejection port?

I've never seen that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the specs on that action? Right hand bolt handle and left side ejection port?

I've never seen that. </div></div>

Here is link to the Templar action from GA Precision.

Pretty cool. I've read that before but I guess the "available with left port" never jumped out at me.

I always thought it was spelled "WOO HOO". Doesn't really matter, good shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biodegraded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller - do you really want to see pics of his boner? ugh.
crazy.gif
</div></div>

uhhhhhhhhh no.....

the rifle on the other hand....

Just sayin.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always thought it was spelled "WOO HOO". Doesn't really matter, good shooting! </div></div>

I've gotten that response before.
I've been in the printing indystry for 17 years now and like to reference my profession with "hue" versus "hoo". I know it's corny, but that's the explination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the specs on that action? Right hand bolt handle and left side ejection port?

I've never seen that. </div></div>

RB / LP Templar G2 single shot action
BAT ADL bottom metal
Bartlein #9 contour 1/11.25 SS barrel finished @ 29"
McMillan A2 McSwirly (60 black / 30 gray / 10 light gray)
Seekins med-high rings
NF 8-32x56 NXS
175gr. SMK
Lapua brass
CCI-BR2
44.9 gr Varget
2.233" to ogive using Hornady comparator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackcat13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't a boner count as a mono pod? </div></div>

Kick-stand, maybe. Probably why he couldn't square up behind the rifle.

Here's the couple pics my buddy took. Being my best shooting buddy you would have thought that he would have told me to loose the "cap over muffs" look before snapping the pic. Oh well, gotta learn to take the good with the bad.
blush.gif

CleanTarget1.jpg

CleanTarget2.jpg

I keep telling him people don't look at the goofy guy standing next to the Mona Lisa. Good shooting!

AG (the photographer)