• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Which 1911 holster for comps?

Engine 22

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 3, 2008
    KC
    I am looking for suggestions/recommendations for my Kimber 1911. I have done some research on various brands/styles and I'm leaning towards the SideArmor with the drop offset added. I have pretty much decided against a drop-leg and the Blackhawk Serpa type (with the button release) for various reasons. Kydex seems to be the most economical, however I'm not opposed to leather. Thanks in advance!

Re: Which 1911 holster for comps?

Thanks for the link 40. Anyone else?

I don't know what kind of "comp" you're talking about, but dropped/offset holsters are not allowed in USPSA for single stack division, except for women, nor are drop leg holsters allowed at all (or any other holster where the butt is below the belt).

gathert- Thanks for that link as well!

Downzero- I'm shooting in a rifle match this spring where there is going to be at least one stage with some pistol play. I'm not aware of any restrictions for this match regarding how one carries their sidearm. I was thinking the 1 1/4" drop off set would help to keep a coat or jacket from being in the way. ??

I like the kydex type of holster made by Bladetec.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gathert- Thanks for that link as well!

Downzero- I'm shooting in a rifle match this spring where there is going to be at least one stage with some pistol play. I'm not aware of any restrictions for this match regarding how one carries their sidearm. I was thinking the 1 1/4" drop off set would help to keep a coat or jacket from being in the way. ?? </div></div>

Should definitely consult their rules. Multi-gun matches sometimes have some strange rules.

+1 on the comp tac holsters I use one when I run production class as well as limted 10

I went with the Comp Tac. I should have it by end of next week
    smile.gif
    Thanks for the info guys!