• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which .308 LPK should I get?

Johnnyscience

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I know all LPK are very hard to come by right now, whether 5.56 or .308.

But lets not focus on availability, lets focus on meeting my needs & then I'll search and destroy.

So what options are available in .308 LPK?

Is there a special manufacturer I should be looking for?

I remember reading something on 5.56 LPK that there are different triggers with different stages or something?

Is that the same for .308?

Or is a trigger a trigger on .308?

Thanks.

Re: Which .308 LPK should I get?

I'm not sure on the Armalite lowers but on the DPMS style lowers, the take down pins and the bolt catch are different fromt he AR15s. Everything else is the same.

I should state that this is for a .308 DPMS style lower...

So .308 triggers are all the same?

There arent different stages or anything?

What company out there makes the highest quality LPK?

You have your standard trigger, and then you have your aftermarket triggers. Some are 2 stages like the RRA, LMT, Gieselle. As for LPK, CMT/RRA, WOA make pretty good kits, there really isn't much to them. I have used a couple of DPMS kits and never had a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have your standard trigger, and then you have your aftermarket triggers. Some are 2 stages like the RRA, LMT, Gieselle. As for LPK, CMT/RRA, WOA make pretty good kits, there really isn't much to them. I have used a couple of DPMS kits and never had a problem. </div></div>

Ok, so what is the difference between the "standard" & the "aftermarket"?

I should also say, this will be a home build that is done piece by piece with an IRA lower & hopefully one of their uppers later on.

Do I want a 2 stage trigger? I dont understand the difference to determin on my own if I want/need it.

Only you can answer those questions. I have no clue what you are building, other then it's a DPMS style AR10.

Buy a Fulton or DPMS LPK minus the trigger, whichever you can find in stock. Do a bit of research and buy an aftermarket trigger as mentioned above, all of those are good to go. I recently installed a Knight's Armament 2 stage Match trigger and I'm very pleased with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy a Fulton or DPMS LPK minus the trigger, whichever you can find in stock. Do a bit of research and buy an aftermarket trigger as mentioned above, all of those are good to go. I recently installed a Knight's Armament 2 stage Match trigger and I'm very pleased with it. </div></div>

Ok, what makes the Fulton or DPMS LPK stand out to you?

I would assume the LPK comes with a trigger already? And I just throw it away and buy a new trigger?

why would I need to get a new trigger for the LPK? Is the one it comes with junk?

I want to go top of the line with everything.

What benefits does having a 2 stage trigger bring?

Stock trigger sucks. Most of them have some creep in it and they have a heavy ass trigger pull.

If you want the top of the line trigger, get the Gieselle 2 stage match trigger.... but then again, not everyone likes 2 stage triggers, and the Gieselle is about 300 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ok, what makes the Fulton or DPMS LPK stand out to you?
<span style="color: #CC0000">They're made for the DPMS lowers and will work in your IRA</span>
I would assume the LPK comes with a trigger already? And I just throw it away and buy a new trigger?
<span style="color: #CC0000">You can buy a LPK without a trigger which is what I would recommend, stock DPMS triggers are shit</span>
why would I need to get a new trigger for the LPK? Is the one it comes with junk?
<span style="color: #CC0000">See previous answer</span>
I want to go top of the line with everything.
<span style="color: #CC0000">There aren't that many options for a .308 LPK, the kits from Fulton or DPMS will work fine</span>
What benefits does having a 2 stage trigger bring?
<span style="color: #CC0000">It's personal taste for single stage vs two stage</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock trigger sucks. Most of them have some creep in it and they have a heavy ass trigger pull.

If you want the top of the line trigger, get the Gieselle 2 stage match trigger.... but then again, not everyone likes 2 stage triggers, and the Gieselle is about 300 bucks. </div></div>

Hmm. I know most LPK's are going for around $150 right?

so what makes this Gieselle so much better than a DPMS to warrant double the price?

I didnt plan on spending that much on a LPK... but if its warranted, I will def consider it.

I honestly have never shot a 2 stage or even a single stage, so I dont know what the difference is or what I would like.

Suggestions?

You might want to shoot a rifle before making a decision on the trigger

Well I've shot them, (not .308 though) but I just dont know if they were single stage or double.

I'm going to assume single.

Hmm. I just wish there were some local guys I can meet up with. There is a great guy about an hour or so south of me that was willing to take me in and show me a few things... I will contact him to see if he can show me the difference.

If you fill out your profile complete with location you might find someone closer willing to lend a hand

Let me ask this, if I go with a DPMS LPK with no trigger

Can I add either a single stage trigger and/or a double stage trigger to that same LPK? Will it always be the same LPK regardless?

Or are there different LPK for 2 stage triggers?

Do you know what a LPK is?

No offense dude but you are completely, 190% out of your element here. I'm not trying to be an asshole but you need to go over to AR15.com and spend about a week reading. You will find everything you ever wanted to know about the AR platform. There is a bunch of bullshit over there but the technical forums will give you an understanding of what you are dealing with.

Please educate yourself a little before you end up spending a bunch of money that you don't need to spend.

I know I dont know shit, thats why I'm on a forum asking questions.

I dont buy anything with out doing the right research. I havent bought anythign yet. I'm still learning. But I cant learn with out asking questions.

So are you saying this forum isnt willing to teach/tell me what is needed?

I have to go to another forum to accomplish that?

I just dont see why its an issue for a newbie to ask questions?

I dont know shit, so if youre not willing to help (which you have on more than one occasion, and I REALLY appreciate it)

But how are you going to tell me to go learn some where else?

Maybe because this site is not totally geared toward AR10s. General consensus would tell you to go over to ARFCOM to read up since it's pretty much the dumping grounds for everything AR related. Instead of waiting for people to answer your every last question, it would be easier and FASTER to search around for the information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm not trying to be an asshole but you need to go over to AR15.com and spend about a week reading. </div></div>

This is very sound advice considering the information you desire. Different tools for different tasks so to speak. Everything and anything that has to do with the AR platform is literally beat to death, resurected the next week, than beat to death again on that site.
I think you will find that as you gain a greater understanding of the weapon's platform you wish to build, you will realize that the questions you thought pertantant at the onset of your quest were not in fact the correct questions at all. I believe that you correctly seek to attain a comprehensive understanding of a specific field of endeavor, but incorrectly believe that such an understanding can be attained through the sole utilysation of a question and answer format.

A few months ago, I did not know what an AR15 was, other than some military thingy. A visit to ar15.com is overwheliming, but there is good info there. Read up, a LOT. I know enough now, to know who the good manufacturers are, availability, how to build, etc.

There is a sub-forum on ar15.com just for .308 variants (DPMS). You will almost certainly find all you need to know there. On this site, you will find about single stage vs two stage triggers, vs the aftermarket choices.

There is a lot to learn, but with some reading time, youl will be far better positioned to make some choices without having to wait for others to answer (which they already have on the forums and in articles on the forum).

- Phil

I don't think Phylodog was trying to bounce you, but rather point you towards a target rich environment.

I would suggest that you take a few trips to your local range and make some new friends. I found that most folks at our ranges are quite friendly and very helpful. You may even get a chance to "test drive" a few variants before you make your decision.

While forums can be a good source of information, there is no substitute for practical experience when deciding personal taste regarding things like single vs. double stage triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock trigger sucks. Most of them have some creep in it and they have a heavy ass trigger pull.

If you want the top of the line trigger, get the Gieselle 2 stage match trigger.... but then again, not everyone likes 2 stage triggers, and the Gieselle is about 300 bucks. </div></div>

Hmm. I know most LPK's are going for around $150 right?

so what makes this Gieselle so much better than a DPMS to warrant double the price?

I didnt plan on spending that much on a LPK... but if its warranted, I will def consider it.

I honestly have never shot a 2 stage or even a single stage, so I dont know what the difference is or what I would like.

Suggestions? </div></div>Correct. Most .308 LPK's are going for roughly $150 right now and they come with a standard single stage trigger. The Geissele is not a LPK, but just a two stage trigger assembly and it costs roughly $279. It does not include a LPK. Geissele does not produce LPK's.

Like others have mentioned go over to AR15.com and head towards the AR Variants section. There are stickies covering the basics of the rifles. You'll find everything you need to know if you search and read.

You can get some for $65 here
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2138548#Post2138548

308 dpms lpk's are going for $65 and you should not spend anymore than that. you can but a dpms 308 lpk and then get the trigger worked over and that will do for a while.

you will need everything in the lpk anyway. even if you get a better trigger, you still need the rest of the stuff in the lpk to get the lower going. if you buy a giessle (sp) you get pins i think. there are a ton of after market triggers out there. ar gold, timney, chip mccormick, ed brown makes one too. which you will use is up to you.

sure you can probably find a $200 lower parts kit (LPK) if you want one. you can get them from RRA with a two stage trigger i think. you have to decide. pm me if you need a few links to places to get stuff

also, you posted this in the wrong area. semi is one spot down