• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes which 35mm rings??

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I just purchased a 3x18 IOR SH 4th gen without rings... this will be mounted on my 20" REPR and I want to keep the obj bell as close to the rail as possible while maintaining a good check weld (thinking mids). what do you guys recommend (IOR, American Defense, anybody else that sells 35mm, lows , mids or highs?)

thanks much,

kinnamon

Re: which 35mm rings??

American Defense Mfg is releasing a mount at the end of this month I am told. The AD-RECON-S-W-35, which is 3.25" between rings and was made just for the Valdata scopes.

IOR seem to make the lowest 35mm rings. Seekins and USO both have good ones also. Do a search as I've recently asked the same question. The sticky at the top also tells you how to measure the ring height you need.

American Rifle Co. is a new company that has come on the scene. I bought a set of their 35mm rings and the service was excellent.

I have low height TPS steel rings on my IOR with a 50mm objective. The objective rides just above the barrel and the height is perfect for my AICS stock with the cheek rest in the lowest position. Works great on my Surgeon rifle.

Since the ergonomics are different on your REPR, be sure you don't set the scope too low for it to me usable. I have an ADM mount on another AR style rifle. Very nice mount.

--Rootshot

Seekins X-high for your AR and that scope should work.

Depending on how high your cheekbones are will decide if you can have it as low as possible. Fit the scope yo you, not vice versa.

I 2nd the American Rifle Co. rings. Run the 35mm lows on my Razor HD and had a set on the Night Force I used to own.

They work great. So far I have had no marks on the scopes due to rings.

Also the new piano hinge design is awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greene</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I 2nd the American Rifle Co. rings. Run the 35mm lows on my Razor HD and had a set on the Night Force I used to own.

They work great. So far I have had no marks on the scopes due to rings.

Also the new piano hinge design is awesome.

</div></div>

I just ordered a set, to try out, I want to compare them with USO's and Seekins

Buy American Rifle Company rings. The owner is a great guy and is product is withouht peer. I used the wrong side of my torque wrench on 34mm arc rings. Because of his unique design I didn't leave a mark on the scope. The design and quality of execution is fantastic.

I found the 1.5" height more comfortable on my AR10T than 1" height. Just make sure the eye relief will work on your gun without a cantilevered mount. I ended up needing a Larue extended mount beacuse the eye relief on my HDMR is so long.