• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which action for LW Hunting Build?

808caliber

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Which action would u guys choose for a hunting build?

Already got my allterra stock ordered and bartlein carbon.
Action needs to be LA

Was considering kratos lite / lone peak / defiance antix

Looking for more input. Gonna run it bdl btw. Mahalo!

Define lightweight? I just built what to me is a lightweight rifle that came in under 6lbs for the rifle only. I used a Defiance Rebel action and a Bart CF barrel. If you order it right the Rebel is only a few ozs more than the Anti or AntiX.

Define lightweight? I just built what to me is a lightweight rifle that came in under 6lbs for the rifle only. I used a Defiance Rebel action and a Bart CF barrel. If you order it right the Rebel is only a few ozs more than the Anti or AntiX.

Goal weight is 7-8lbs fully ready to hunt. Which will be about 2-3lbs lighter than my current rig on a mausingfield.

For those running the titanium actions, any fears of wear over the years? Im not one who only shoots 50rds a year, we routinely go out to the mountains.

I remember chad dixon talking about the issues with titanium being a boiled egg. So thats my main worry with the LP. Hes built most of my rifles and they been top notch.

Goal weight is 7-8lbs fully ready to hunt. Which will be about 2-3lbs lighter than my current rig on a mausingfield.

If you decide to go with a stainless action the Rebel could work if you order it with the right set-up.
414467628.jpg

Reactions: 808caliber
With those parts the only thing keeping you from being under 8 lbs will be the scope. And suppressor if you run one.