• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which AR10 handguard?

Theanswer4

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2017
Southeast NE
I have an Aero M5 upper with an Atlas handguard. I’m not a fan of its wedge system for attaching the handguard to the barrel nut. I’ve had issues with rotation of the handguard and having to reset it to the barrel nut.

Which handguard would you recommend for anti rotation and over all ruggedness? I don’t have an issue with M5’s ruggedness just the rotation. I’ve also thought about switching to M5E system but the handguards are huge and feel like a canon size wise.

Loc-tite it with Blue. You can rough-texture the barrel nut to help with adhesion as well, creating more surface area for the handguard to purchase. I had to do that with one of my Midwest Industries handguards, and they started shipping with Blue Loc-tite and knurling their barrel nuts after that.

They're pricey and heavy considering they're carbon fiber, but the Precision Reflex Gen III rails are really stout. I'm a big fan of the Delta handguard on my AR15 and am saving up for a similar rail on my Aero M5 build (also with an Atlas currently).

Reactions: Theanswer4
This will bring out the operators and the haters, but UTG Pro makes a surprisingly stout 308 handguard. Some seem to complain about clocking the nut with the bolt on styles, but it will eliminate any rotation issue. As for the Atlas, I've never had a rotation issue with my S-ONE.
opplanet-leapers-utg-pro-super-slim-free-float-handguard-dpms-lr-308-m-lok-13-inch-mtu020ssmb-...jpg

Reactions: drewthebrave
Centurion Arms. I’ve used the older and newer versions.

I really like the feel of the round JP guards, and the sculpted F1 guard. Both seem to mount without any issues as well.

Reactions: LRRPF52
I have an Aero M5 upper with an Atlas handguard. I’m not a fan of its wedge system for attaching the handguard to the barrel nut. I’ve had issues with rotation of the handguard and having to reset it to the barrel nut.

Which handguard would you recommend for anti rotation and over all ruggedness? I don’t have an issue with M5’s ruggedness just the rotation. I’ve also thought about switching to M5E system but the handguards are huge and feel like a canon size wise.
I run all fat Aero handguards. Love em. Small frame and large. No problems with forward grips, bipods, sling points, gas block clearance, etc. They'll tuck almost all suppressors. I also don't find them uncomfortable for just plain standard gripping and shooting, the diameter (1.72" if memory serves) is not too large to still grip firmly

Edit to add; these are the enhanced series im speaking of

Reactions: drewthebrave