• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which Atlas feet do you prefer????

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
I just picked up an used Atlas bipod and AI spigot, and I was wondering if you guys were running for the feet? the regular rubber feet, the ski's or the claws..

There is alot of real soft sand around here I was thinking about going with the claws.

What are your experiences?

Thank you!

Re: which Atlas feet do you prefer????

The standard feet do fine for me. They work well in almost every situation I have put them in... with one exception

I would imagine snow would require the cleats as they offer larger surface area.

For any surfaces that do not really sink much, I would use standard legs.

I have a pair of claws for shooting out of the sand. The standard feet won't cut it in the sand. They will sink and screw up your loading & NPA after every shot.

Second the statements above,

any loose surface they will digg in, I now have a set of claws to try out,

still I have found that I usually need something solid, ie jacket, sack, piece of cardboard or what not to distribute the load,

on snow, a frisbee, white was found to be of good use.

/Chris

I got the cleats. I didn't have a clue on how big they actually were until i got them. Just say they should be big enough....

I like the rubber feet except when on a bench. When I roll into the stock to load the bipod they tend to roll. Easily fixed with a sandback in front or clamping a stop in front.

I now use the cleats on the bench. Not much opportunity for shooting in the snow here... so couldn't help you there!