• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing which badger ordnance break to choose

handym3000

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
illinois
i currently own a remington 5r and i am wanting a muzzle break installed.

should i choose the FTE styled one or the thruster style?

and if that break which part number from badger should it be?
they have many barrel diameters to choose from and i am confused

Re: which badger ordnance break to choose

I'm a huge fan of the thruster break...I have it on all my tac guns.... Not real big on The looks of the fte

Get the FTE brake. For the 5-R you should get the one that is threaded 5/8x24. This will make your 308 feel like a 223.

Here is a picture of mine that I just recently sold and am already regretting I sold it.

2hmmzbo.jpg

+1 for FTE

I have the thruster break on my 7wsm and really like it. I think they both look cool. The thruster is cut down too the same thickness as the barrel which is nice. Does a great job. Don't even need to shoulder the gun.
DSC00687.jpg

thruster i have one on my ar10 and love it

i'd rather have a muzzle brake than have a muzzle break.
wink.gif

it depends, do you want a blended brake meaning that it flows seamlessly into the barrel? Or do you want something such as the FTE, the good thing about the FTE is that it doesnt need to be "timed" just unscrew the hex head and then thread it off the barrel