• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which badger rings should i use with my scope?

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
I dont know which size to use.
Its going on an AR10 and the 20MOA base goes the entire way down the handguard

My scope is a Nightforce 12-42x56mm. I would like for it to be as low as possible.

Thoughts?

SCOPE RINGS SIZING CHART | Badger Ordnance

I'm guessing (since I cant find it listed) that the outside diameter of your objective is around 60mm. 62mm = 2.36 inches

Since your rail doesn't need to take your barrel contour into consideration, divide 2.36 in half and you are at 1.18 required height to clear it.

From the list, these sound like a good fit for you and still have a little extra height just incase.

306-29 30mm USN EBR Alloy “Issue Item” 1.250” .659” 4.3 oz.

I'm always under the impression that AR's and scope rings as low as possible are not compatible criteria.

How low you can go really depends on the shape of your face. For my round face, I need 1.45" to have a good comfortable scope height. Lower and I find myself forcefully mashing my face into the stock to get a good sight through my scope.

I've tried 1.35" and it was really uncomfortable and poor eyeplacement to say the least.