• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which barrel length would you choose? 260 Rem

JonLSU

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I'm getting ready to place an order for a Larue 260 rem barrel for my Larue 308 and wanted to see what you guys would choose. It comes in 18 and 22 in. My 308 barrel is 16 in.
It will pretty much always have a suppressor on the end of it.

I'm leaning toward the 22 in mainly due to getting as much accuracy/velocity out of it as possible. It would mainly be used for long range, precision courses. It's just 22 inches and a suppressor is a long ass gun.

I lost 175fps going from 24 to 20 in my 260 AR10. I would not go with anything shorter than 22" especially if you plan on using it for long range work. I am currently running the 140 ELDm's @ 2650 fps and that is as fast as i can push them without issue.

I have a .260 tOBR with the 22" barrel and am really liking it. ;) Velocities for Prime 130gr (Norma Golden Target) and the Hornady 130gr ELDMs is running over 2800fps while the 142gr FGMM is at 2760fps.

Im running a 26" with a suppressor and love it.

22" would be a good length in your situation

Unless you're going to be shooting it past 700 or 800, I'd just go with a 20" in a gas gun. I've got a 20" on my Tikka CTR in .260. I shoot it suppressed only and it's a laser. Either 20" or 22" will be great for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ended up ordering the 22in.

Also ordered another Tranquillo suppressor. It was on a deal for $499 and I had a 1/2 off coupon so I got it for $250.