• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which barrel would you use

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA
I'm in the process of building a 338 Norma. Right now i have a Brux Rem Varmint barrel 26" Interrupted fluting. And I am going to order another Brux barrel but lighter than the one i have know.I am trying to build this rifle somewhere around nine to ten 1/2 pounds.I also want this rifle for hunting and target shooting.I know heavier barrels are more accurate but i want it lighter than my 300 rum its 13.5 lb.with a Rem Varmint barrel.So my question is what barrel contour would you go with to go lighter.

I'm in the process of building a 338 Norma. Right now i have a Brux Rem Varmint barrel 26" Interrupted fluting. And I am going to order another Brux barrel but lighter than the one i have know.I am trying to build this rifle somewhere around nine to ten 1/2 pounds.I also want this rifle for hunting and target shooting.I know heavier barrels are more accurate but i want it lighter than my 300 rum its 13.5 lb.with a Rem Varmint barrel.So my question is what barrel contour would you go with to go lighter.

This past year I had a Rem 700 in 7mm Mag converted to a 300 Win Mag. I used a #4 contour Brux barrel, (Heavy Sporter) and the total weight came out at 9.75 pound with the Leupold VX-II scope. It's mounted in a HS Precision stock off of a Rem 5R rifle.

Thanks ShtRdy I know the heavy is 3 1/2 lb. I guess i was in a hurry and wrought it up wrong.I should've been asking how the lighter barrels shoot out their at long range and what kind of accuracy they were getting with the magnum calibers.