• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which BCG

tspinaker

Holder of the coveted blue ID
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Southeast Missouri
I am almost finished with my 6.5 CM build, but need a BCG. I was hoping JP would have a black Friday sale on the BCGs, but it didn't look like it. So my question is, does the BCG affect precision? I'm going with a full mass. Should I just buy once, cry once with the JP, or is there a more cost effective one that would be just as good? I'll be using it for competition.

JP has 10% off-code BF2019. I have the full mass for 556-really nice but I can't say it makes it more accurate etc. Not on a DMR type rifle.

Reactions: LeadZeke
Just do it! ?

Attachments

• AEAFFCD3-2840-4D1F-ADC5-6766163B952A.jpeg
    AEAFFCD3-2840-4D1F-ADC5-6766163B952A.jpeg
    955.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 88042488-8B49-41FD-8C2A-27AAF3FEF014.jpeg
    88042488-8B49-41FD-8C2A-27AAF3FEF014.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 134
You'll be hard pressed to beat these prices on top tier Toolcraft BCG.
They had some 6.5 listed yesterday but not today,might be worth a call?

The 6.5 CM and .308 use the same bolt face, so the 6.5 just uses standard .308 BCGs. I just ordered one from that site, best price I have seen! Thanks!

Last edited:
The 6.5 CM and .308 use the same bolt face, so the 6.5 just uses standard .308 BCGs. I just ordered one from that site, best price I have seen! Thanks!
The 6.5 version has a smaller firing pin. Better for high pressure loads.

According to the armorally sight they 308 and creedmoor bcgs both have a .065 or .068" fp hole. I'm not sure what the difference is between them.

I am almost finished with my 6.5 CM build, but need a BCG. I was hoping JP would have a black Friday sale on the BCGs, but it didn't look like it. So my question is, does the BCG affect precision? I'm going with a full mass. Should I just buy once, cry once with the JP, or is there a more cost effective one that would be just as good? I'll be using it for competition.

BF2019 will save you 10% plus free shipping. The JP BCG will come with their high pressure bolt which is a solid choice for any 6.5 build. I have them in all my comp rifles. Be sure to run a heavy buffer as well for the 6.5. I like the JPSCS2-10H2 silent captured spring. More than anything the high pressure bolt and heavy SCS keep your brass from getting too beat up so you get more life out of it.

FB_IMG_1563154050079.jpg

I’m waiting for cyber Monday. Hopefully I can find a good deal on the JP HP Full mass. I’m building a custom 16 inch 6.5 Creedmoor Noveske N6 .

Buy once cry once man

You'll be hard pressed to beat these prices on top tier Toolcraft BCG.
They had some 6.5 listed yesterday but not today,might be worth a call?
Right there. You don't need to over spend At all just make sure you get the BCG with these smaller hole for the 6.5 as that is important for pressure. The BCG will not affect your accuracy

Arm or Ally has great prices on Toolcraft bolts as well

Has anyone used this? I need a BCG for my 6.5.

Does anyone know of an Enhanced BCG for 308/6.5? I really need a heaver one.

Has anyone used this? I need a BCG for my 6.5.

Does anyone know of an Enhanced BCG for 308/6.5? I really need a heaver one.

You could try a lantac bcg. They advertise it as enhanced but I believe it's also lightened. I have the JP FMOS bcg in my 308 and it does an excellant job. But not sure if it's "enhanced" or not. That wasn't important to me when I bought it.

JP FMOS is the magic in my builds. Doesn't do much for accuracy though a lot of quality barrel mfg.'s like Krieger use JP enhanced bolts for headspacing... They do, however, add to the reliability of the weapon. These things are so slick they'll function dirty and dry, no lie. Best carrier IMO, total reliability.

They did have 10% off though, I scored one for an AR with the bolt. They're worth it to get the bolt too if you need one.

You could try a lantac bcg. They advertise it as enhanced but I believe it's also lightened. I have the JP FMOS bcg in my 308 and it does an excellant job. But not sure if it's "enhanced" or not. That wasn't important to me when I bought it.

Thanks, I forgot about LanTac. I have 2 of their 5.56 BCGs.

JP BCG's are so slick and smooth their surface is like glass and you can absolutely feel that smoothness in the recoil impulse and it makes it so NICE. Especially if you pair them the silent capture spring or even JP's percision ground recoil springs and a nice buffer tube that doesn't have that internal ribbing left inside the buffer to save machine time that causes the spring twang in an AR action and makes the action feel and sound kinda cheap. Do all that and your action will feel like it's running on ball bearings.

I just installed the Toolcraft 6.5 bcg in a new build. 3 different types of ammo, no issues, puts the brass all in the same place. I'm running a JP Silent Captured spring and a SLR AGB.

JP, Young Mfg. or Rubber City Armory are all top shelf.

JP's bolt is DLC coated but not their carriers, Young's are chrome, RBC is mostly nitrided, but also off lightweight & full titanium carriers.

For a lower cost option, Toolcraft's DLC coated carrier & bolts a very, very slick but I've only used them on small frame guns but they make the same for large frame guns too.

MM

Oh, and for a solid no frills milspec one, Noveske I think makes one of the best using the best materials, carpenter steel, etc. It's a lower cost option for a still very solid setup. Not slick like the JP but not nearly $400 for a carrier and bolt either. I have used others but for a plain milspec one I prefer the Noveske, for the best all around I prefer the JP and I use KAC when appropriate. Unless I get a quality rifle that comes with a fine carrier of it's own, that's my recipe.

Really it's hard to go wrong with any of the top mfg.'s but beware some of them like KAC and others will tend to use proprietary parts that may make use in your rifle a no-go. Do your homework.

Oh, and for a solid no frills milspec one, Noveske I think makes one of the best using the best materials, carpenter steel, etc. It's a lower cost option for a still very solid setup.

RCA makes Noveske's nitrided BCG & Noveske says that; not sure if they also make the phosphated versions too, but Noveske dosen't say who does.

KAC bolts & barrel extensions are proprietary.

MM