• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Bergara 22?

Coyotejunki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis, MO
OK Please, I know the Voodoo is a better rifle, I get it, but I am interested in a Bergara rimfire. Which seems to shoot better, the steel or carbon barrel? I have a few Greybow stocks with the bottom metal, so I am deciding on a barreled action either in CM steel or the carbon fiber. What are your opinions on these?

I have a factory B14R in steel with a Trigger tech Diamond trigger.
Mark

I have a steel, superb shooter. From everything I have read online, the steel is consistently more accurate.

My Steel shoots great. It shoots side by side with my buddies CF with the ammo each one likes. If your stock weighs more than the HMR you can shed 1lb with the CF. I think you will like the Steel version better.

ok thx, I'll get the steel, and save the extra $100 for a box of ammo. :)
I believe the carbon barrel starts as a steel barrel that is turned down to remove metal. Then they add a carbon wrap. Really only difference in performance is weight. But all the barrels have the same machining and materials for which the bullet touches.

Reactions: Big Bo
I love my B14R steel barrel. Heavier is better for bench shooting. I actually added some weight (about 3 lbs) to my KRG Bravo stock. I also added some lead weight into the magazines so they are guaranteed to drop free. The furthest I've ever had to carry it was 50 yards...I survived.

I’ve got mine in a PRS1 with the atlas hanging off the front on arca rail and I still need to add weight to the fore end to get it to balance out properly.

Ok, got it set-up for now.

IMG_7474.JPG