• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which best 1 on quality on electic powder thrower?

shooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
I am getting a powder thrower ( electronic ) would love to have the RBCS Charger master kit (and still may get it ) but i am looking at the Lyman 1200 DP3 with scale and thrower. Or the newest and best Pact. I have found a little thrower that is cool but i don't think i would be able to do 1000s of rounds every few moths with it below is the Lyman product link. MY buddy just got the big Lyman dp3 1200 and his has to warm up 30 min before using to calibrate before It will start spitting powder. I called Rcbs and they said there is no time to wait but there is a price difference and both i think ( i know RCBS for sure) has a 1 year warranty the electronics which i think is crap). The other ones i haven't talked too personally but have looked at a lot in detail. I just want the best bang for my buck and was curious is the PACT one is good or better than the rest. Please not trying to start a product uproar just need helpful info on my B"day present from the Wife.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/scales-measures/1500-XP.php

Re: which best 1 on quality on electic powder thrower?

I Have The Lyman 1200 , Lets Just Say if i had it to All Over Again i Would Go With RCBS for Sure . The Lyman Has had many Prob & I Do Not Feel i Can trust it any More.

Regards,
Col.

I have had the Lyman DP2 and the RCBS. I put them to a test on the; 26 grs varget the same speed, 50 grs varget RCBS was faster, 80 grs varget Rcbs was much faster. I hated the 30min wait time, the RCBS didn't have a wait time and was just as accute as the Lyman. I ended up keeping the RCBS and selling the lyman on ebay. I still do not use the RCBS much. I use a hornady lock n load powder measure which works great with varget. I turn the handle, and it dumps a charge within .1 grs, but most of the time its right on which is close enough for my loads. I can also use it to dump say two grs less than my load into the RCBS tray and then RCBS finish it (this is still a waste of my time).

I have had my RCBS for about a year and love it. No problems, accurate as hell, no waiting, very repeatable.Probably the best purchase I've made for reloading and it's used for everything from .223 to 50bmg.

Don't waste your money on anything but the RCBS if you want electric. I have had absolutly no problems with mine but i know if i did RCBS would take care of it. They have some of the absolute best customer service i have had the pleasure of dealing with.

I have the lyman, but if I could have done it over I would have gone with the RCBS. My Lyman works fine now, but I like to leave it on for a day before I start using it. I found that that to be the "secret" to make it work well.

I have 2 of the rcbs ones and they are great. never had a problem with either of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wrong forum? </div></div>

sorry but it probably is but it is. IF so Mods please feel free to move it if its causing probs next time ill watch closer.

On the other note Thanks guys for all the help I think Ill go RCBS. I can get one new for $25 more than the Lyman so Im going that route however after talkin to RCBS technician again late last week I found out they want you to wait approx. 5-10 min to let their electronics warm up as well to be more accurate but not a necessity like the lyman. Just thought id tell you all who already own one. I appreciate the Advice

I have an RCBS and I've recently lost confidence in it. I had 2 prior to this one that both broke. On one, it just wouldn't turn on one day. On the other, the keypad stopped working.

With my new one, the zero drifts and the scale gives very different readings for the same powder charge depending on if the little clear window is closed, or if the powder is evenly spread in the pan or in a pile in the middle, etc. I'm not thrilled lately.

Shawn