• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which binoculars with reticle?

Tony1727

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Hello everyone,

Im new here and have been searching around internet for the past 3 days but the more I search, the more confused I am. I'm trying to find a good binos with reticle in mil, if possible that also has 0.1, 0.5, etc... for quick distance measuring. I really like the Steiner military but they are not available here in Spain.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Tony

Re: Which binoculars with reticle?

Definitely Vortex.

Just checked the link jasonk. Wow! I think I have discarded everything else after I saw the reticle.

I dont think they are available but I'm going to check also if there is an US dealer that can do international shipping. I only miss a 100-200-800 silhouette.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony check with Scott_at_Vortex here on the Hide. He works for Vortex and can help you out. Here's a link to his profile so you can send him a PM
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=35249

He will be going to a match this weekend and I am not sure when he will be on the Hide so don't think he is ignoring you if you don't get a quick answer.

Thanks guys, im going to email Scott right now. By the way, to which brand I can compare the Vortex optics?

I also recommend the Vortex Bino's They are solid and you wont be disappointed!!

I have finally ordered a Vortex Monocular with reticle and focus. I will post a review with pics and what is included as soon as I get it. I think that I will also order a spotting scope (I like the Recon), and not sure if Im going to end with a 10x50 or 8x28 Viper with reticle (lighter, smaller).

Thanks!

Tony

I haven't tried the Vortex offerings, but I really like my old Steiner Navigators. I have the old non-compact variety in 7x50. The compass is crap, but the glass and the reticle are great. I realize how spoiled I am every time I look in someone else's binos.

Hello everyone,

I have received both, the Fujinon (Unfortunately the seller sent ones without reticle so I have contacted him), and the Vortex Solo Monocular with reticle. Will post a review as soon as I have some time, but the quality and clearness of the Vortex is awesome!