• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bipod company was the copycat/issues one?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
There was an episode that a copyright infringement or QC issue was discussed that I remembered when I was discussing bipods with a friend.

He wants to move on from a standard Harris, I loaned him my PSR for a few weeks. I wanted to tell him to maybe think twice about a specific brand, but which one was it being discussed?

Any knockoff Green Blob, Caldwell, etc are not even in the consideration, but would like to make sure as well.

There are Atlas fakes that are on eBay, that might be what you're thinking of. Those should be easy to spot just from pricing alone. If it's $80 and you're buying from a shop that also sells glow necklaces, it's probably a fake. Atlas bipods pop up pretty regularly here and are so well made I wouldn't hesitate to buy one second hand. Take a few minutes to know the model(s) that will work for your application since they have several models and mounting options.

I saw several GG&G fakes at the last Reno gun show. A guy was carrying them around trying to sell them for $100.