• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bipod for .408 CT ?

ARMECA

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2008
France
Hello,

I've a .408 CT with a Lawton 8000 action, and a BIC MAC stock is in order for it.

I'm thinking of using a M 14 E2 or a Versa Pod bipod on it.

What do you guys recommand ? Is there another better choice ?

Thank you very much.

Bruno.

Re: Which bipod for .408 CT ?

the APA bipod is built to support anything you can throw at it

http://renegadearmament.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2099

ARMLEX3206_1.jpg

Does anyone have a website for those angled alluminum legged "benchrest" bipods?

If I'm not mistaken, the BIG MAC stock has a versapod spigot? I recommend checking out your nearby European cohorts at Roedale Precision. I had their RH50 MKI bipod and thought it was great.

I have the APA bipod on a mcree stock and it is way strong for that round. Mine is a 375 cheytac and only fix I came up with was I changed the angle of the legs to be 90 degrees instead of 130 or so.I have had them all too Cheytac and Windrunner attached this rig.You could not break this thing

Sin Clair has a heavy duty tactical bipod that i use in F Class that would work well for you.

Check out the bipods from LR accuracy. It is a very stable and rigid bipod. Legs can adjust for different angles and it can cant 30 degrees either direction and lock down. Mine is a pre-production version so it is not anodized and has 2 different leg extention methods. It attaches with a picatinni rail on the bottom of the stock so it should work with your big mac stock. You can use differnet feet with this as well. This is designed to rotate around the barrel axis which puts more weight down low for more stability.

I am also trying a 200 series bipod from RND edge in the next couple weeks but I think (?) you would have to go with a side mount to make his work for your big mac stock.

CT375026_crop.jpg