• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bipod for arca swiss rail?

kimberyote

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
madison county illinois
I will be getting an area 419 area arca lock 12 inch rail for my coyote rig that I will be using mainly with a RRS SOAR anvil head and a shadow tech tripod. I already have a harris 3-9'' notched swivel bipod, but I am in the market for a bipod that pans well. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Salute to all of our vets! Thank you!

The Ckye Pod is pretty nice. Expensive, but nice. I can see it being really beneficial for shooting coyotes too. Both legs fully extended and close together with a pack on my lap for rear support works awesome, especially slightly downhill.

Last edited:
the ckye pod . we own 4 atlas they are nice they work . I am Looking forward to owning more atlas bi pods and a few ckye pods . the video makes a nice demo of them .

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF
The Ckye Pod is pretty nice. Expensive, but nice.

After using both the Ckye and Atlas, I'll never own an Atlas.

Ckye was a bit silly until I used one. Now it's on the list of needs.

I'll still use my Harris's for bench work and hunting, but the Ckye will be used for the tacticool rifles.

Atlas always a great choice. The Ckye-pod is an awesome bipod also, only down fall for me is a little play in the legs but other than that i have been very impressed with it

I run an Atlas PRS with the RRS adapter for the rail and pic. Gives me a few more options for mounting if I swap it around to other rifles. The notched legs keeps height consistent and lots of feet options.

Definitely not the only functional option though.

I'm running a Ckye Pod and I really like it for rimfire PRS on my Oryx chassis running an Arca rail. Lots of adjustment and works well off of the different shooting positions. Very stable as well. I've run the Atlas and Harris bipods, but I prefer the Ckye Pod. ?

Ed

I’m running an atlas PRS with arca rail adapter. As stated upthread, the atlas cal doesn’t pan, but some prefer the wider stance and don’t want pan because panning a bipod means your recoil isn’t perfectly straight back. With the pan capability though, you can turn the atlas 90 degrees and use it as a monopod if you are stuck on a stage that has uneven support surfaces and limits you to only one bag. But I’m still figuring out my preferences, I think the PRS atlas gives me the most options and thus the opportunity to figure out what I prefer.

It's not the latest and greatest but this is how I run my Harris and I feel no need to upgrade.

I am using the ARMS-17S version Magpul bipod with an Area 419 clamp and barricade stop on my MDT ACC. No problem with fitment on the rail and has worked well so far.

Are there leg extensions for the ckye? When hunting coyotes I hunt from a sitting position.

Are there leg extensions for the ckye? When hunting coyotes I hunt from a sitting position.
Ckye makes different height versions, he makes a 4 section set that extends even to a standing position. If MDT doesn't show them, go to 406bullets.com to order. I'll ask Ckye if he's still making the 4 section.

I just asked Ckye, he has some 4 section in stock. My buddy Jeff uses them for coyote hunting, takes 40-50 dogs a year during prime. He helped Ckye develop these.
He said email him at [email protected] the longer legs aren't on the website.

I just asked Ckye, he has some 4 section in stock. My buddy Jeff uses them for coyote hunting, takes 40-50 dogs a year during prime. He helped Ckye develop these.
He said email him at [email protected] the longer legs aren't on the website.

Awesome!!! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it

I recently picked up an Accu-tac... The latest generation has an Arca specific mounting option... The lower you get the axis of bore in the triangle of the bipod the better. All of the adapters and such typically hurt stability because you're getting higher off of the triangle

View attachment 7103229

$158. Magpul bipod + RRS arca clamp

allows me to open the bipod by pulling, instead of getting the second launch officer to turn his key at the exact right moment after we both solve a Rubik’s cube blindfolded. that’s one of my key criteria.

still works on pic rails. the arca sliding motion on a long krg rail lets me do most things I could want.

I won’t cry when it dies.

I played around with the magpul bipod.
Honestly I liked it a lot better than the Harris.