• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Bore Guide??

Lavadog0311

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2018
I'm new to the 6.5 Creedmoor game, and I'm getting mixed information on the web. I have a tikka t3x tac a1 and after searching the web and this forum, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Which bore guide will work for my rifle? I understand this a newb question, my apologies. Any feedback and or links is much appreciated!

Try a Lucas Bore Guide, they're all I use now.

lucasguide02.jpg

Reactions: A5scott
Can I ask how much the Lucas guides go for? Looks like you just send an email order?

The last one I bought in 2015 was $65.95 and that was for the bore guide and rod guide insert.

I almost forgot, e-mail him first for current pricing and cleaning rod size you'll be using with the guide.

Order from:
Mike Lucas

225 Browns River Road
Lexington, SC 29072
email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I've checked out Sinclair and Possum hollow, but I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't find the correct size/caliber. Another Question for you: as far as jags go, do you go with the correct caliber or one size down to compensate for the patch?

Reactions: vikingok
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I've checked out Sinclair and Possum hollow, but I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't find the correct size/caliber. Another Question for you: as far as jags go, do you go with the correct caliber or one size down to compensate for the patch?

Depends on jag type. If using a pierce type, I use the jag correct for cal. If using a Parker hale, I use a much small jag. i.e. .22 jag for .264 bore.

I went with the inexpensive route to get started. Tiptop Universal for $15. Think I may need to look in to the Lucas.

I emailed Lucas about a week ago and haven't heard back. I have one of his bore guides for my Remington and now want one for my Tikka.

Last edited:
I use Lucas. I have one for 308 family, WSM family and Rem Mag family and ordered each with extra inserts for Dewey Rod diameters from .22 to .30 cal.

Reactions: 6gunner
Email appears correct. I just purchased two boreguides using [email protected] my last correspondence with mike was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Great fella and easy to do business with. Great service too

I've always used Lucas but he didn't make one for my SRS A1. Called Eric at Possum Hollow and he sent me one in a week. Another great guy to deal with and it's just as nice IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6gunner
I use a bore guide #4 on my 6.5. The action is a Templar action from ga. Here are all the guns the guide # 4 will fit. 1FD69C0C-275A-43DE-A566-F8BDB33F6E82.jpeg

Ordered a Lucas for my new AI AT in 6.5 yesterday. The information listed on this page is still the correct information for Mike. My price shipped was $69.95.

Did the same thing. He got eight back to me even though my email server kept saying the email was not delivered. Not sure what the issue was but mike was very prompt.

Mike is no longer making his bore guide. Has health issues (heart). Spoke with him today, wanting for one of his bore guides for my Tikka.

+1 for Possum Hollow
Just call his phone # listed on his website and he will eventually pick up. He will custom make a bore guide to whatever length you want for your particular rifle and caliber. As someone mentioned earlier, have him mill out a hole for solvent so the guide is 1 piece.

I just got an email from Mike and he is again taking orders for His Bore Guide.
Send him an email and he will respond.