• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which brake for 300 PRC?

welldonecj7

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2013
Oregon
Building a light weight hunting rifle that will also see some range time in 300 PRC. It will have a proof carbon sendero profile barrel.

I had been looking at APA gen 3 fat and little b. Also looked at area 419. Looking for opinions on what would be best fit. (Also looking for self timing set up or one that doesnt require smith work as may remove for suppressor down the road.)

Also if you have photo showing your recommendation on a proof carbon barrel and want to post a photo please do.

Thanks for input in advance.

SO I have the fat bastard 3 on a 260. Its nice. But on my 300 prc I have a muzzle breaks and more beast 4 port on it. It's on a Seekins 2 ph hunter. So a 7lbs gun. It is in 300 PRC and I shoot 210 grain bullets. Honest to god, it kicks like my 260 with out a break. It is so effective its scary. Its self timing and cheap.

Also look at a PVA Jet Blast...excellent venting and cheaper than most of the others.

The gen 3 little bastard is an awesome brake. The addition of a fourth port and the tune able top ports are a great combination.

Looks like PVA, Area 419 and APA all have a sale going on brakes anyone have input what would be best for my build ?

They will all get the job done. This not your barrel but you can use it for size reference. It's .89" right behind the PVA Jet Blast brake, The brake nut flats are .93" across. Perhaps an "advantage" of the 419 brakes is the knurled, round nut that will always look even.

IMG_20201111_133038.jpg