• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which brands have the most insufferable fandom? Geissele? BCM? Noveske? Colt? Sig?

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
I've just been thinking about it a lot and have been wondering, which brands have:

1.) the most die-hard apologists that will defend their brand of AR-15s and AR-10s to the end?
2.) the most toxic fandom
3.) the fans where the brand can do no wrong in their eyes, despite quality control issues, weapon failures, and/or performance and value just not adding up?

Or it could be which brand has the most fans that are still living in the past or holding on to a reputation that no longer exists.

Full disclosure, I'm a Radian and Noveske fanboy. Those two brands cannot do any wrong in my eyes, except for Noveske releasing the Chainsaw, which I'm not too proud of. Sorry Bolt-action people or scope-sluts, I haven't gotten into either of those two areas yet so I don't know too much about them, but feel free to participate if this applies to your arena too.

Vortex, and whatever Chinese scope company that comes out with loose sales areas and fud level prices, Glock, “loopold” and the gold ring Fudd. Shal I go on?
Is Nightforce as bad? I see a lot of guys running those. My dad was a Leupold engineer and I grew up being a fan of them but I think some of their stuff is overpriced, getting by with having gotten army contracts.

The Glock guys are pretty bad though haha.

Reactions: Bender
We had the “My precious” Nightforce guy on here years ago. Literally asked wtf to do cus his new ATACR scope got a mark on it coming out of the safe. Memes were made, people shamed, laughs were shared. Good times. But Vortex and “muh warranty” got old fast.

We had the “My precious” Nightforce guy on here years ago. Literally asked wtf to do cus his new ATACR scope got a mark on it coming out of the safe. Memes were made, people shamed, laughs were shared. Good times. But Vortex and “muh warranty” got old fast.
s.gif

Over the years I've had more than a couple people insist I try their amazing new Geissele trigger. Still waiting for the amazing part. (compared to the mil-spec or worse parts they were probably using prior, I guess to them it was)

I work with a young guy who is a rabid Vortex fanboy... despite not owning any. (Huh?)

It has far less to do with any one or a hundred brands and more the psychology of most people. Most people just don't want to believe that they bought anything but the best or that it has any shortcomings or that they made a mistake buying a piece of shit. Therefor they'll defend their personal choice even when it has obvious problems and often won't even admit it when those problems are experienced. It can be applied to any product.

I'd say the poors buying chinesium or cheap junk in general are the worst though.

*waits for the "you probably typed that on a chinese device, derp" reply*

I never understood the cuckling associated with the Tikka stuff. I have a few Sako actions that are nice. But even those don’t come close to a BAT, Defiance, Borden, etc

I never understood the cuckling associated with the Tikka stuff. I have a few Sako actions that are nice. But even those don’t come close to a BAT, Defiance, Borden, etc

They make a solid rifle at a good price point. It's the fanboys that will claim it's as good or as smooth or as accurate as alpha tier stuff that are the issue and make it gay. Whatever you do don't tell them that it's not uncommon to break bolt stops or that the CM barrels are dogshit slow.

Reactions: Bender
I don't know what you mean? Balenciaga maybe?

Sincerely,

A Larueminatti Nightforce Whore who Busts Caps with his G- and gets Down with the Kinectic from his DTA in 6.5 Manbun cause the Luhpooah kicks to hard. :LOL:

People like what works for them and aren't shy about letting everyone else know its better that anything else out there. I tend to stick with what has worked for me but I'm also willing to try something different, except Vortex. I will not try anything Vortex. I cannot remember the last time I was on a firing line where a scope went down that wasn't a Vortex. I'm not saying other brands don't have issues nor am I saying that all Vortex's fail. I'm just saying in my experience, if a failure happens, it's a high probability it's a Vortex.

By the way, I hate Glocks but I also recommend Glocks to new shooters because I know they work no matter what.

T

Last edited: