• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bullet puller?

CT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2002
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Need to pull about 100 rounds of .308 & 100 rounds of .280. Looks like a press mounted puller is the way to go. Which one: Forester or RCBS?

Re: Which bullet puller?

Oh...throw Hornady into the mix too....I almost bought one of them last week and am curious as well
smile.gif

I have a 20 year old Forster and it works well. I'm thinking the newer style cam lock Hornady would be my purchase if I was needing to buy with what is on the market now.

I bought the Hornady Cam Lock last month and have no complaints with it. I can pull the bullets without leaving a mark on them and it's fast & much quieter than the hammer type I've used previously.

+1 on the Hornady Cam-Loc. No pull marks and it is fast. Have an old school Forster that is flat with an undersize opening in the center. Push the bullet in, retract the ram, and the spring-steel edges of the opening hold the bullet. Push the next round up and it pushes the previous bullet out. Leaves scratches on bullet but is super fast.

AG

Another +1 on the Hornady. No marks on bullets and way better than kinetic type to disassemble rifle cartridges.

SY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the Hornady Cam Lock last month and have no complaints with it. I can pull the bullets without leaving a mark on them and it's fast & much quieter than the hammer type I've used previously. </div></div>

+1

My wife got sick of the noise and I got sick of the powder mess so I picked u pa Cam Lok and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SYK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another +1 on the Hornady. No marks on bullets and way better than kinetic type to disassemble rifle cartridges.

SY </div></div>

What he said!

I'm using the hornady but they don't sell every collet for every bullet diameter...

I'll have to check to see which collets that I have but I believe they are .243, .270, and .308 calibers. With these 3 collets you can pull any bullet between .243 and .308 with the Hornady puller.

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm using the hornady but they don't sell every collet for every bullet diameter...
</div></div>

They have collets for every standard caliber from .17 to .458 (some similar calibers share same collet).

What do you need?

And the Hornady works GREAT with my Forster Co-Ax press.

Andy

Hornady for sure, even for a Co-Ax! Just make sure you've got the latest Forster Co-Ax arm (rev B I believe) and the Hornady will work for you. I've got 3 Hornady pullers for my main calibers and use them on my Co-Ax when needed.

Hornady. With the Cam Lock feature it is fast and non marring, depending on neck tension.

I use the Hornady with the Forster Co-Ax press and am very happy with it. If you can't find a collet in a given caliber call Hornady, they often will have them when no one else does. I found this true for a .338 Lapua Mag collet.