• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bushnell rangefinder

Went to bushy outlet store turned in my RF to be fixed. Offered me the 8x 1 mile for $750. I might trade in but I think I like the monocular bette?

Im not up to speed on the monocular but the field of view would likely be better on the binos. For hunting etc i think that would be he way i would go. Whats your appliction?

I'm sure somebody with much broader experience than mine will post. I have used two Bushnells. The first was an 800 that is still working great after 15yrs. One mode, under 150yds., ceased to function about five years ago but the standard mode still measures short distances accurately. These will lase a man sized target to about 400yds. and a tree to about 630yds. Note these numbers are non-reflective targets. I have been considering a range-finding binocular for several years but could not find a performance level that was affordable. The recently available Fusion-Arc-One Mile came closest but were still beyond what I wanted to spend. When a used pair came up here I sprung for them and I'm glad I did. They outperform the manufacturer's stated spec.s. Bushnell says a 1000yds. for a tree and these will do an easy 1600+yds. under less than ideal conditions. In good but not great conditions they will get a return of over a mile from a ridge line. Note, again not reflective targets and not ideal conditions. I just tried them on a tree visible from the back door. Conditions are rain and snow flurries using a sliding door frame for support. They produced a first time hit at 1284yds. and continued to be 100%. I have no use for the drop solution mode but I do use the declination number produced.

As far as the optics I am again surprised. They will be used instead of a pair of old Swaro poro-prism 10X50s. The Bushnells have a more critical eye relief and slightly less definition but entirely acceptable. I think they'll be perfectly fine for extended glassing. Is there anything I don't like? Yes, the two control buttons are too small to use wearing gloves and are minimally tactile bare handed but I can live with that. I'm not sure how far these will give consistent returns on a deer size target but it's well beyond the claimed 500yds. Unless you're willing to go north of $2K, a pair of these are the answer.

I tried the binos and the width of my eyes the numbers were angled when they fit me not sure I could live with that

I can't speak for anyone else but I have to close my left eye to put the laser on target and to clearly see the readout. I attribute this to astigmatism in my right eye but I may be entirely wrong. Regardless, I have lased 200-300 targets and the closing of my left eye has already become second nature. If you could borrow a set locally for a few days, I think you would find you adapt fairly easily.
Even a half hour of using a set may overcome concerns.

Thanks guys for all the input. I will take all this into consideration to m make my decision. I know they are almost the b only fame in town under 1k $, over 1 mile