• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Which caliber?

chuff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
SW Colorado
If I had a .223 Remington, a .308 Winchester, a .300 Winchester Magnum, and a .338 Lapua Magnum which one would I be a better shot with? Is 24x enough magnification to shoot out to 500 yards?

Re: Which caliber?

The way you have them listed is also the manner in which they recoil most. I have found FOR ME, a lesser recoiling rifle will be shot more accurately, for ME.

US Marines used to use a 10X scope for out to 1,000 yards. I don't know what they use now. I prefer something more powerful for my old eyes. But I'm currently using a Leupold 8.5 X 25 X 50mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think about what you just asked.

Then think about how anyone couldn't possible answer it.

</div></div>

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think about what you just asked.

Then think about how anyone couldn't possible answer it.

</div></div>

+3

This morning I woke up with a really bad hangover from watching the Tigers win the college world series and had a similar question; which bullet is best for all northern hemisphere big game animals? I plan to keep ranges less than 1800m, cost is not a factor, and reloading is for people with too much time on their hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggernometry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This morning I woke up with a really bad hangover from watching the Tigers win the college world series and had a similar question; which bullet is best for all northern hemisphere big game animals? I plan to keep ranges less than 1800m, cost is not a factor, and reloading is for people with too much time on their hands.</div></div>

82mm with the optional 2 in trailer ball mount and a acog.

I'd opt for the 2 5/16 ball. Just to be safe.
As for the ACOG make sure you go with the Red Illumination not the amber. The discharge form the 82mm will blend to much with the ret.

I'm not sure what length of pull would suit best.

I prefer to use the 15.lb cannons. With a diameter that big you can take out the entire target and all the trees and dirt behind it

If you are a Marine all you need is an M4 with open sights, shooting off, hand to achieve head shots at 500 yards.

Teasing aside. What is your budget?

If it's "a penny for your thoughts", but everybody puts in "their two cents worth", where do all those extra pennies go?

you picked the wrong thread to ask a serious question,however,
the answer to your question IS depending on your size,age,
gender,#of times you have been married,#of times you have been divorced,and sexual preference.when those have been answered,
if you still want to know ask again.

According to a guy at work, all questions can be answered with one of the following. Seven, Magenta, or NO.

He's an asshole sometimes too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost3x7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long does it take a baboon with a wooden leg to kick all of the seeds out of a dill pickle? </div></div>

lmao,now thats some serious shit.........

Some one listens to the KC and the Roundman show. lol

Howdy.

If your in a spaceship going the speed of light...what happens when you turn on the headlights?

If your in the Space Station or orbiting Space shuttle...and you fart..where does the fart go????

What do you do if you step on a tetanus shot?

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

If 7-11s are open 24-7, 365 days a year, why do they have locks on the doors?

jjofusd0985-43iojuuwe8hfhojefklwejptup

k,mfpi098iposdkj;lgfj
,v;cxcmvskj

If 7-11s are open 24-7, 365 days a year, why do they have locks on the doors?

Good question, never thought of it that way
crazy.gif

Should I use duct-tape or epoxy-resin to mount my Leapers secret squirrell sniperscope to my airsoft Rem-700 sniper rifle? How many minutes of duck should I add when shooting up hill at a 70 degree arc at 1000 yards with a full-value 9:00-3:30 crossdresser moving at 4.3mph from port to starboard? Should I hold over?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If 7-11s are open 24-7, 365 days a year, why do they have locks on the doors?

Good question, never thought of it that way
crazy.gif
</div></div>
So when a-boo is working by himself at 0darkthirty in the morning an hasta give birth to a drug dealer he can lock the door an answer natures call!

If the gestation period of a pissant is 37 days, how many flapjacks does it take to cover a manhole?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMNry4PE93Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>