• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Company makes best stock pack?

Lowe Left

Chief
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Arizona
I'm in the market for a stock pack - on a MCM A5. Which is best in your opinions?

Tks,

Re: Which Company makes best stock pack?

Eagle was on mine (yours) previously. I preferred to shoot it without a pack at all. I had it on there 1 time.

What scope are you planning to use ?

I believe I bought mine at Triad tactical.

Got mine there too, get the rear bag too while you are at it, saves a buck or two on shipping =P

Eagle here as well.

Nice "tool pouch" and extra ammo carrier...as if my rifle wasnt heavy enough anyway...LOL

I own both Eagle & Blackhawk and prefer the feel of the Eagle's cheek pad way more.... + it's made here in the good 'ol USA unlike the Vietnam made Blackhawk....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle was on mine (yours) previously. I preferred to shoot it without a pack at all. I had it on there 1 time.

What scope are you planning to use ?

I believe I bought mine at Triad tactical. </div></div>

I'm leaning towards the NF FFP or F1. Why did you prefer not to use the pack?

Well I have had both a eagle and a tac ops stock pack. They are both made rather well and never had a problemw ith either. I eneded up keeping the tac ops as it had three extra round holders as well as a second slot for a ballistics card or something of the like. Either way you cant go wrong with a eagle or a tac ops.

I have the TAC-OPs and liked it very much...it seems well made and does exactly what it is supposed to do..

I have TacOps, Eagle and S.O.Tech, and prefer the S.O.Tech of the three.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not aware that Tac-Ops makes a Stock Pack. </div></div>

I bought it mail-order from Mel over at Sniper Central...whether they are made by Tac-Ops or are produced by a third party for rebranding, I don't know...

Edited to add that having looked at it a bit closer, the label says "Tac- Ops" and "Made in the USA" which explains the quality...

I've seen a couple similar items over here that were half the price and looked the part, but upon examination, the build quality was poor..No guessing where they were made!

Regards,

Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not aware that Tac-Ops makes a Stock Pack. </div></div>

It's similar to Eagle design, very well made. Holds a few more rounds outside IIRC.

instid of doing my own thread has opinions changed in the year this thread has been going on.

still eagle and triad?

I just ordered a Tac-Ops for 35 plus shipping, and they had many colors and left handed options. Most of the other sites that sell them are out of stock. Hope the excess stock means they have a hard to find site, and not that they are bad quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he may be talking about Tac Ready- I have several and they are great </div></div>
No hes talking about Tac Ops, they are essentialy the same as the eagle and are of the same quality, only diff. is that Tac Ops holds more ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">def eagle @ triad</div></div>

+1

Just placed an order with triad last monday. Had the pack Wednesday and it was exactly what I needed

Eagle makes good stuff, I have plenty of stuff from them and get most of my gear from Triad, but why would someone want to hold only 5 boolits when they can hold more and an extra data card....
Jut sayin

I have a Eagle bag, but I'm considering going the Kydex route. The straps are getting caught on my rear bag and its a PITA. I also think the kydex would be sturdier. If you aren't using a rear bag with ears, I guess it wouldn't matter.

I love my bag from SKD Tactical with the BALS integrated. Nice for rear bag without carrying a rear bag.

Rich

I like my prototype SORD stock pack, only two made and the other's in the sample box.

Otherwise, I think Triads large stock pack is good to go. Keep crap like your kestrel / mildot master / basic tools / bore snake in there on the gun ready to go.

any thing new that compares with the eagle or tac Op in LH??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any thing new that compares with the eagle or tac Op in LH??
</div></div>

Good luck finding one right now.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any thing new that compares with the eagle or tac Op in LH??
</div></div>

You could try the Eagle lefty.....

http://www.triadtactical.com/Shooter-s-Stock-Pack-Rifle.html

Change the drop down to select LEFT HAND for option.

Down side is that I only have them in ACU and Multicam right now.

Steve,

Per our discussion via PM, do let me know when you get some OD green lefties back in stock, I'll likely order one from you then, several rifles here that can use one.

On aside, I went through the hassle of finding one at optics planet, ordering it, and then this morning finding out it too is out of stock there. With this economy so far in the dumper I can't imagine a company like Eagle faced with such demand not ramping up their efforts to satisfy it. I can personally attest though there are stupid things happening right now in the raw materials field from where the nylon fibers originate to make cordura yarn(foreign vs. domestic supply prices). With fabric makers jumping all over the planet trying to get the best yarn prices there might be lot # merge issue with texture/dye color; or even a raw supply shortage issue, who knows. Maybe Eagle is currently suffering something along those lines with their suppliers. Benefit of the doubt, knowing the industry. Hope they figure it out and get to making more stock packs.

Ordered an OD Tac Ops lefty pack today, just hope it's not back ordered.......