• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Comparator/Bump Gauge for .338LM

Numn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
UT
I've been using a Redding Instant Indicator for my .308 cases. Easy to use, repeatable and not any real technique for consistent measurements. I'm just starting to load .338LM and need a comparator/bump gage and Redding does not currently build a .338LM II. The RCBS Precision Mic Headspace tool looks pretty good but no .338LM offering. It seems that about the best I'm finding is the Sinclair tool. Any other recommendations?

Re: Which Comparator/Bump Gauge for .338LM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BHP9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use this one.

http://www.giraudtool.com/338comp.htm </div></div>

I've run across this one in the past and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the help.

I went to a local steel supply house and bought a 6" piece of round aluminum stock and drilled for the cartridge, cut a slot for the caliper, drilled and tapped for the screw/knob to hold it onto the caliper. The knob/screw cost .75 and the piece of round stock was about a dollar. Works great.
myerfire

Didn't know Giraud made one... called up Sinclair Int'l and got their inserts that fit in the Stoney Point/ Hornady comparators I use for every thing else.

Redding does make the instant indicator for the .338 they are out of stock at the moment but I have orders going in weekly on the group buy that Brain is doing for me if you want me to get one on order just say the word.

w/indicator 27594
w/o indicator 17594

Cheers,

Adam

I have used the hornaday system and it wouks for shoulder bump and length to ogive
Billl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redding does make the instant indicator for the .338 they are out of stock at the moment but I have orders going in weekly on the group buy that Brain is doing for me if you want me to get one on order just say the word.

w/indicator 27594
w/o indicator 17594

Cheers,

Adam </div></div>

Funny that when I emailed Redding they promptly responded with they don't build one for 338LM. Thanks for the info and I definitely want one...I'll send you an email regarding this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have use the hornaday system and it works for shoulder bump and length to ogive
Billl </div></div>

+1