• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which CZ Model

338SAL

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2008
Colorado
I would like to buy a CZ 22LR for small bore silouette class shooting. I believe they have a weight restriction as well. I was thinking about a CZ 452 with a synthetic stock and matte nickel finish. I plan on putting a 6.5-20X50 target Leupy on it.

Is this a good choice or is there a better CZ for what I am trying to do? Thanks for looking.

Ray

Re: Which CZ Model

Be careful about the weight when you put that big Leupy on it. The CZ is already about 6.5lbs. 8.5lbs is the limit for hunter class and 10lbs for standard. Per mudbug's post CZ sells a Silhouette 452 model specifically to make the hunter class weight and rules. There isn't a better setup for the price range.

I had a CZ452 Silo. The stock comb was too low for me, but its a great value and probably the best bang for the buck in Hunter Class. A 6.5-20 EFR in aluminum rings will keep you definately in weight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MudBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a CZ 452 that is actually spec'd for silouette class shooting.

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=7 </div></div>

Another vote for this model. I could not be happier for the money.

+1 on CZ

i owned our 100yard bench rest match for 9 months with a CZ452 varmint. all the guys with the high dollar rigs went out and bought CZ's just to compete.