• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which data book cover?

triceratops3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
Northern VA
I was just looking for a data book cover for my modular Impact data book and wanted to know which one you guys were all using and if there is any major differences between them. In particular I've been looking at the ones from Impact and from Triad.

I appreciate any info/opinions.

These are the ones we sell and like the best. They have the cross strap of 550 cord that help keep your pages from flopping in the wind!!

Data Book Covers

Or from the other camp:

P5210011.jpg
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Two Way Data Book Cover

We have them in stock in six different colors. There are TWO sizes of the Triad Two Way Data Book Cover:

SMALL (books up to): 5 3/4" x 7 3/4"
This cover fits books like the US Tactical Supply Modular Sniper Data Book, Storm Tactical Mini Log Book and the Impact Pocket Size books.

STANDARD (books up to): 6 1/2" x 9 1/8"
This cover fits books like the US Tactical Supply TRGT, Impact and Storm sprial bound, and the full size modular books from Storm, Impact and others.

SMALL cover:
P5210010.jpg

LARGE cover:
TT-LBC-TSSI.jpg

Last edited:
Rite in Rain military planner. Throw out the planner. Spendy but nice set up.

That little piece of paracord on the Impact offering really is helpful when shooting in the wind.

The time to buy it was two days ago when you could have saved 10%.

Or from the other camp:

View attachment 6163
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Two Way Data Book Cover

We have them in stock in six different colors. There are TWO sizes of the Triad Two Way Data Book Cover:

SMALL (books up to): 5 3/4" x 7 3/4"
This cover fits books like the US Tactical Supply Modular Sniper Data Book, Storm Tactical Mini Log Book and the Impact Pocket Size books.

STANDARD (books up to): 6 1/2" x 9 1/8"
This cover fits books like the US Tactical Supply TRGT, Impact and Storm sprial bound, and the full size modular books from Storm, Impact and others.

SMALL cover:
View attachment 6164

LARGE cover:
View attachment 6162

I have the Triad and really like it. In fact I have two of them. Also if you dont want to spend 40 bucks on a Data book over at sniper central Mel sells one 20 bucks shipped

Last edited:
I got one from IDB I really like it, also have a RIR that's real nice as well. All of Triad stuff is top notch as well so as long as the book fits you can't go wrong with any of them. Just my .02

A cover is a cover. It keeps your book neat, lets you store writing utensils, calculators, etc. Just pick one you like and go.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've got a few things to say.. I love it how top manufacturers and sellers are on here interacting with their customers, it's nice to know that they are actual people. I didn't notice the page straps on the impact cover, that really has me leaning towards it, but i wish i would have known I could have saved 10% but oh well.

The Triad covers are 25% off by comparison!! No 550 cord keeper, but I have a rubberband that I break out if it gets that windy.

I did not know TAB made a databook cover thanks for the info. looks like a nice piece of gear, but a little too much for $70..

I run a triad but would have liked the page holder built in. Great cover though. Both companies are top notch and will take. Care of you.