• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Dead Air can?

Bluedog82

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
I was fortunate enough to win a cert for 50% off a Dead Air can at the Guardian LR match (thanks DA!). My current situation is that I have a .30 Rex MG7 and a .22 can in jail (Tacsol Aeris). My Rex is using Griffin Plan A mounts, and I shoot 5.56s, 7.62x39, .300blk .308, and 6.5 (these last two both bolt guns). I may get a PCC in the future but have no definite plans to…we’ll have to see how ammo prices go. I have 9mm pistols but I’m not too worried about suppressing them.

I’m considering the Wolfman, but not sure if it would be worth it before having a PCC, especially if I never get one. I was considering the R9 for the PCC if I got one, and could always still go that route. The new S5 looks tempting but obviously would only work on my 5.56s ARs. A dedicated LR can like the Nomad is also a possibility, although I’ve been very pleased with the accuracy I get with the MG7 and have no real need to address it. What do you guys think?

This ^

Get the most out of your cert by getting something expensive, nomad LT gets my vote as well.

Reactions: FuhQ
I have nomad... like that it’s short... yet effective... month after I got it.. went back and ordered the titanium version... still waiting on it..

Nomad-LT

I love mine! Been shooting it almost a year now. Thousands of rounds through it from all different cartridges and calibers, both AR’s and bolt-actions. In the Dead Air lineup, you won’t beat it. And according to independent testing, it’s in the top 3 quietest .30 cal rifle suppressors on the market. 👍🏼

You need to decide on how you plan to use the can, that will dictate your choice. The Nomad Ti is an awesome can and incredibly light. If you're willing to accept the limitations that come with Ti that would be my choice. I also like the Xeno mount. But you can't put one on a 10.5" AR or do mag dumps.

Best compromise can is probably the Nomad. Great at suppression, not too heavy and pretty rugged.

If you're willing to tolerate the additional length and weight, and want the maximum suppression, the Nomad LT would be a good choice.

And if you want something that you can put on an SBR and shoot full auto, or do mag dumps the Sandman S is tough to beat. Plus the Key Mo mount is great.