• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which Die Set

Bowhntr6pt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2006
Central Florida
Always used standard die sets with an RCBS single-stage press. My loads shoot ok in many of my AR's... MOA and just below, I'm not chasing 1/2 MOA. When I get a load that goes MOA I'm happy.

Don't mess with neck turning, don't want to. Have not checked but I'm sure my roll-and-go process results in ammo with run out.

Looking to explore the possibility of reducing some run-out on certain .223 hand loads, if possible, by simply acquiring a better set of high-grade dies.

Looking to improve the "possibility" of sizing cases better and seating bullets better by switching to better dies thus reducing to some degree any run out I'm having... possible?

Just looking to check the block of trying things that might improve my ammo.

What brand set?

Redding type S full length sizer & micrometer seater set have worked the best for me. I’ve had experience with whidden and Forster Redding’s been the most consistent for me.

Whidden FL bushing sizer die set with micrometer seater it the best combo

But for 1moa you are more than served with a set of Lee dies

In my ar’s I always used to just run RCBS full length dies. If you are looking for better groups I would focus on seating depth, powder and bullet’s. Save your money for components. Imho